Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Scotty's second book - coming "soon"

Uncle Scotty's second book - coming "soon"

I'll put this here since I'm not sure where else it'd go. From today's ITTS newsletter:

"The Art of Modern Gunfighting - The Pistol: Volume II
    "Coming Soon!

"We will send out notifications as the release date approaches!"

(http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....9-2cf84156f528)

No idea what "soon" actually means in this case, but it's better than someday.

Yes, I know, Reitz loves him some 1911 and his modified Weaver. That said, the gentleman is worth paying attention to.

Site Supporter
    Plus, the "Old School Metro Xmas Party" story further down on the page is pretty good.

I am delighted to read this.

My print copy of Volume I is dogeared, highlighted, and bookmarked with Post-It notes. In short, a treasure that is never loaned out. Readers must sit in the library here at Rancho Serious and peruse the volume in person.

I really, really. really hope they release a printed copy of Volume II. Re-releasing a dead tree copy version of Volume I would be a very good seller, I think.

I bought Volume I on kindle. I thought it was great. Looking forward to the second volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

We had a tactical party one Christmas where the Chief told us we should be happy after he cut our 5% pay raise to 2% because we were still getting a raise. Then the recently replaced SWAT LT and the division commander who despised each other about duked it out in the middle of the party. That was a weird year. But that was nothing compared to the Metro parties in the story.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    My print copy of Volume I is dogeared, highlighted, and bookmarked with Post-It notes. In short, a treasure that is never loaned out. Readers must sit in the library here at Rancho Serious and peruse the volume in person.
    My signed copy of Volume 1 just came back. It isn't getting loaned out ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Plus, the "Old School Metro Xmas Party" story further down on the page is pretty good.
    There was probably a reason we didn't have Christmas parties, although our retirement parties were just as bad.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    I'd like to purchase Volume One. Anyone know if it's available and if so, where?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I'd like to purchase Volume One. Anyone know if it's available and if so, where?
    https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/P...nerID=0&catid=

Site Supporter
    We should just start a thread on epic cop parties. I know I have a few great (horrible?) memories.

Here's also hoping that Book II from Scott appears soon. It's been "coming soon" for a while.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List