Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical PredatAR 7.62mm

LaRue Tactical PredatAR 7.62mm

Does anyone have any recent experience with LaRue Tactical and/or their PredatAR 7.62mm rifle?

For many year LaRue seemed to be the gold standard and then there were some reports of issues.

I am wanting to get a sense of the current quality of LaRue rifles as well as the present customer service experience.

Thank you,
    Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love mine but it’s a 2012 build. It’s from before they were making their own barrels, etc. I’m curious to see what the word is now regarding their rifles. I won’t spend money on their products now but that’s because Mark LaRue’s name was on the Lake Arthur cop pay to play scam list.

What pay to play scam list?

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    What pay to play scam list?

The “chief” of the Lake Arthur PD was giving badges and LE ID’s to anyone in the industry who payed $400 a year so they could carry across the US under LEOSA. Google it for more details.

If I recall correctly, @Dagga Boy wrote an article on his.

Site Supporter
    I have an 18” predatar with XTRAN - it’s a few years old but it is reliable and accurate.

As for Mark LaRue, the Lake Arthur thing is just the latest in a long line of shenanigans. He is ...eccentric, at best.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-12-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Ive got a 16” predatar in 5.56 from last year. Seems pretty accurate. No complaints on my end
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

I'm curious what the big gains are with LaRue complete rifles vs. buying his ultimate upper kits with the 200 dollar assembly and test firing option, plus a lower. It ends up costing less, and most of the configurations are more 'modern' than the complete rifles, with mlok available in the small block kits. Alas, only Keymod on the big block kit, for now.

Aside from an adjustable gas block it seems the kits give you everything you need, and would cannibalize the production rifle line something fierce. What am I missing?

I think the savings comes from separating the lower receiver purchase saves federal excise tax. This way tax is only charged on the receiver, versus on the entire completed rifle.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    I think the savings comes from separating the lower receiver purchase saves federal excise tax. This way tax is only charged on the receiver, versus on the entire completed rifle.
    How high is this tax? A PredatAR spec'd 7.62 ultimate upper, with the billet receiver and the assembly option, comes out to a thousand dollars less. Quite substantial.

And if it's this easy to avoid the federal excise tax on firearms why on earth isn't every AR in America being sold in two halves?

User Tag List