Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Light weight TDA choices- PX4CC vs P07

Light weight TDA choices- PX4CC vs P07

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    I have seen some Px4's that were not all that accurate maybe I just lucked out on the few that I have!! I'm not normally a lucky guy at all.. so..

And now Ill have to see if I have targets in the CZ boxes!! and Ive been thinking of a Shadow 2 but Im not sure if you can get it true DA/SA.. so..
    The closest you can get to a true DA/SA shadow gun is the SP-01 worked over with a decocker. The Shadow 2 cannot be converted to a decocker if my understanding is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NerdAlert; 06-12-2018 at 07:04 AM.

Hmm thanks for that!!!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Also, IME, the decocker on the SP-01 definitely impacts the quality of the trigger pull. Not to mention the fact that the disassembly/adjustment of the decocker sear cage is significantly more of a pain than on a standard safety version SP-01/shadow.

Light weight TDA choices- PX4CC vs P07

I’ve been seriously considering getting a CZ P-09 for Production because:

A) I’ve been wanting to get back into the TDA platform for a while for several reasons.

B) It’s pretty flippin’ comfy, shoots nicely for me, and fits my hands really well.

C) I’m getting pretty damn tired of explaining to the local USPSA guys why I’m running a G19 concealed in Limited Minor, yes I know how to draw from concealment competently, and yes I know my scores are going to be lower because of it.

D) I’m getting tired of people telling me that my slide cover plate is broken and they have 6 spares sitting in the car if I need a new one. No, it’s not broken, it’s just a SCD. I should just have a stack of Tom’s cards on hand when I go to practice and matches. Really annoying when someone sees it mid-stage and starts talking about it really concerned.

I’m trying to save for other things. This thread isn’t helping... ;P

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    Last edited by spinmove_; 06-12-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I’ve been seriously considering getting a CZ P-09 for Production because:

A) I’ve been wanting to get back into the TDA platform for a while for several reasons.

B) It’s pretty flippin’ comfy, shoots nicely for me, and fits my hands really well.

C) I’m getting pretty damn tired of explaining to the local USPSA guys why I’m running a G19 concealed in Limited Minor, yes I know how to draw from concealment competently, and yes I know my scores are going to be lower because of it.

D) I’m getting tired of people telling me that my slide cover plate is broken and they have 6 spares sitting in the car if I need a new one. No, it’s not broken, it’s just a SCD. I should just have a stack of Tom’s cards on hand when I go to practice and matches. Really annoying when someone sees it mid-stage and starts talking about it really concerned.

I’m trying to save for other things. This thread isn’t helping... ;P

P09, Cajun Pro Package, and Dawson sights would make a great Production blaster. That with a DP Pro is my current CO rig.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

M4C: P-07 w/ CGW upgrades. $455

I don't know anything about the seller or the gun. It seems like a good deal, but I don't know.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    P09, Cajun Pro Package, and Dawson sights would make a great Production blaster. That with a DP Pro is my current CO rig.
    Well, it’s either something very similar to that and a proper belt, holster, and mag pouch Production rig or an actual real safe. This would probably be cheaper. Not helping...

I've also owned both multiple times and shot them a decent bit:

P07 has a real, functional rail, that a real working light can be mounted to. Extends the role of the gun beyond "merely" a summer carry gun IMO. The DA trigger, even with the cajun kit, is a little staple gunny. Its good, and shootable, but still a little clunky. SA trigger with the Pro package is excellent.

CC's DA trigger has more of that frictionless swinging feel that makes the Beretta's special when they are done up right. SA trigger is also exceptional, bordering on too good for its own good.

P07's grip is much more square. Side's are very straight/slab-sided feeling, but svelte. Front and backstraps have discernible corners. CC by contrast has a rounder design language to it. Grip feels subjectively higher on the P07, but the Px4's ergo's are surprisingly good for an odd looking gun. With the CZ's internal slide you get more frame real estate to plant your support hand high. Ergo's are very subjective obviously; both are good, but they are markedly different in this regard.

P07's slide release is further forward, larger and flatter. I found I need to use my support thumb to drop it a la old 1911 doctrine because my strong thumb couldn't reach. The CC slide release is smaller, but rearward sufficiently and had just the right amount of shelf that it was perfectly under-thumb when I needed it, and invisible when firing. Again, YMMV here.

The CC has a smoother recoil impulse. It just does. The rotating barrel doesn't have the kachunk feeling of the breech unlocking and bumping downward against the locking block. They both shoot pleasant, but the Px4 really is a neat gun for how smooth it cycles. Very flat shooting in my hands.

Never noticed either having an accuracy advantage or deficiency, but I'm not a bullseye shooter.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I cut my shooting teeth on TDA Sigs and recently enjoyed a stint with a pair of P07's very much. The trigger reach and break is noticeably shorter on the P07 compared to TDA Sigs and Beretta 92s. Enough so that I struggled with finding the proper finger placement for consistent performance on the P07. The combination of grip shape, trigger shape, and trigger range of motion meant that my finger almost had to slide across the trigger face for DA shots and I would often get pinched when the trigger hit the frame after breaking. I haven't read many others being up this issue, so it may be unique to my physiology.
    You're not the only one, I got this frame pinch with a gen 2 P07 and the flatter trigger, but not with the gen 1 P07 with the curved trigger.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    You're not the only one, I got this frame pinch with a gen 2 P07 and the flatter trigger, but not with the gen 1 P07 with the curved trigger.
    I notice the same thing on a stock P07/09, but the Cajun Pro package includes a little over travel screw that eliminates the pinch for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List