Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Light weight TDA choices- PX4CC vs P07

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    For my maybe less than $0.02 worth:

I didn’t care for the P-07. Disliked the decocker. Disliked the teeny slide. Overall it felt fragile.

PX4 Compact in my opinion was much better built. Great trigger, robust zeroed factory sights. It needs nothing but can benefit from a lighter hammer spring, and maybe the stealth decocker levers.

For a plastic Glock 19 sized TDA I would take the PX4C all day over the P-07. And a P2000 over the PX4, simply because I like HKs.
    I am partial to my HK P2000 v3. It's a TDA with the decocker button on the rear of the slide, just to the left of the hammer. So far I have 900 trouble free rounds through the pistol. The back strap can be changed out to better fit the shooter. When I pick it up, it just feels natural in my hand. I have the medium back strap installed. Magazines are not cheap compared to a Glock, but I knew that going in.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Interesting — can you elaborate on why the Beretta does everything better (for you) than the CZ?
    First it fits my hand better, I get more grip with the support hand. The trigger is hands down better especially in DA ( note mine are Mod 4.5's with the 11# spring) , it shoots flatter and from the ones Ive shot (again) the PX4CC is more accurate. One other thing I like about the PX4CC is when it does print I doesn't print as much like a gun as the CZ.. the bobbed hammer helps this I think along with the Shape. The CZ is a good gun but if I have my choice Ill take a PX4CC.

Hope that helps!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I had both. Here are my thoughts:

1. Trigger - the Px4's trigger is MUCH "smoother" and "nicer" than the stock P07's
    2. Shootability - the better trigger did NOT result in more consistent/accurate performance for ME - I shot better with the P07's "meh" stock trigger than I did with the Px4. The P07's grip's texture is much more aggressive - should be fine for any shooting without add ons (Talons) or stippling.
    3. Size - the P07 is about the same size as a P229 - the Px4 is slightly smaller with the same payload and weight. The P07's grip is thinner, so less "print" under light clothing; both are fairly "chunky" for IWB carry
    4. Accessories - holster availability is about equal; more aftermarket NS options for the Px4. Magazines are about the same price - maybe slightly less expensive for the P07.
    5. Cost - if you're buying commercial, the Px4 is going to be slightly more affordable, but you'll have to hunt for "G" models. If you're using the LE pro deal through CZ, the P07 is damn near free, but be prepared for a long wait

All in all, if I was in the market for a TDA polymer pistol today, I'd opt for the P07, based on my shooting experience with both guns.

One option mentioned but not exactly like I think. The p07 has a striker sibling where mags can interchange between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really appreciate everyone opinions and experiences. It’s clear to me now, the correct answer is both....

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    First it fits my hand better, I get more grip with the support hand. The trigger is hands down better especially in DA ( note mine are Mod 4.5's with the 11# spring) , it shoots flatter and from the ones Ive shot (again) the PX4CC is more accurate. One other thing I like about the PX4CC is when it does print I doesn't print as much like a gun as the CZ.. the bobbed hammer helps this I think along with the Shape. The CZ is a good gun but if I have my choice Ill take a PX4CC.

Hope that helps!!
    Good list and all good points except for the accuracy part.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I really appreciate everyone opinions and experiences. It’s clear to me now, the correct answer is both....
    Although I said before that I haven't shot a P07, I really think that most people are going to decide one or the other based mostly on personal preference more than there being major cases of one doing this thing or that thing better than the other. Both seem to be really solid guns with small but devoted followings. Either should serve you well. Getting both seems to me like it might be the best answer. Hell, you can always sell the one you like less.

Light weight TDA choices- PX4CC vs P07

Another question is how much custom work you want in your carry gun, and how close to light primer strikes you are comfortable with?

My primary carry is a broken-in P-07 that is almost entirely stock. The hammer spring is heavy enough to fire 5.56 military primers.

My CGW ProGrade P-07 with #18 spring will too.

The DA pulls on those guns are good, but not close to my competition Shadow2s, which have light springs.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-11-2018 at 05:23 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Good list and all good points except for the accuracy part.
    wait what? how is more accurate bad?
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    wait what? how is more accurate bad?
    Imho I do not think the Beretta is more accurate. Or enough for my mortal self to notice. I happened to think the p07 had more in the tank. And that was with the bone stock trigger in the p07 vs the px4cc with the 12# spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List