Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Light weight TDA choices- PX4CC vs P07

Hammertime
    For my maybe less than $0.02 worth:

I didn’t care for the P-07. Disliked the decocker. Disliked the teeny slide. Overall it felt fragile.

PX4 Compact in my opinion was much better built. Great trigger, robust zeroed factory sights. It needs nothing but can benefit from a lighter hammer spring, and maybe the stealth decocker levers.

For a plastic Glock 19 sized TDA I would take the PX4C all day over the P-07. And a P2000 over the PX4, simply because I like HKs.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Guns I feel are in the same category.

Unloaded Weight according to manufacturers websites.

Glock 19: 23.6 oz
    P2000: 25 oz
    PX4C: 27.2 oz
    P-07: 27.7 oz
    M&P C 2.0: 28 oz
    P229: 32 oz

And the P239, cuz the LSP552 is a SIG guy at heart:
    P239: 29 oz
    It’s amazing how much a few ounces makes at the end of day now. Love the 239 by the way!

Both are great guns.

PX4C is a natural companion to a 92. Excellent trigger after Ernest, and sloped rear is good for concealment.

P07 is better for me on smaller and further targets, as it has a lot more sight radius. Really can use Cajun to bring out its potential. I prefer the P07 MecGar magazines. P07 frame treatment has more traction than stock PX4C. P07 is easier to reload. PX4C can use mags modified for better reloading.

Both are great choices!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

As GJM said above, "Both are great choices".. In this case, flip a coin, you're a winner either way.. Right now is the golden age of compact carry guns...

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    It’s amazing how much a few ounces makes at the end of day now. Love the 239 by the way!
    Beyond ounces, I find a polymer pistol easier to live with in hot and cold conditions. More tolerant of sweat in the hot, precip, don’t feel as cold below zero, less edges, and generally requiring less PM.

Inside, the P07 reminds me of an AK, as it is cavernous in terms of allowing dirt and gunk without effecting function.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    The 2022 has always been SIG’s step-child. I’ve shot them, just never cared for them. The trigger is enough different and there are not a lot of options for support. I expect tSIG to discontinue it at any time. I’m already miffed they just killed the P239. The 239 is probably the slimmest TDA there is. It’s heavy for the capacity but shoots almost like a full sized pistol.
    I always felt like the 3913 was slimmer than the 239, and it is a few ounces lighter for the same capacity. I just looked, and the slide is slimmer on the 3913, but the ambi decocker/safety bumps the overall width out a couple of tenths. Replace it with a single side, or get a 3913LS or NL, and you’re in business. Or get a 3953 and beat all, but have DAO.

Haven’t compared the PX4CC side-by-side with anything. I liked the one I looked at, and the subcompact, too.

Site Supporter
    I had a P07 and it was great. I have two PX4 Compacts because I spend too much time on P-F - they are great too. That said, I carry a "new" S&W M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm and practice with an exact copy down to the APEX USB and SEAR. You cannot go wrong with the P07 or the PX4. You an get great deals on new P07s around Atlanta - my only gripe on the P07 is that the mags seem expensive. I have been able to get some sales on Px4 Compact mags and deals on LEO used PX4 FS mags.

P07 magazines are $40+. PX4 magazines are around $25. That being said I’m really liking the P09 I picked up recently. I really like the short trigger throw compared to the Berettas. I always feel like the Beretta trigger breaks a long way back. I have very few rounds through a PX4c though so it might not be as big a deal as I’m making it out to be. But I’m shooting the P09 better than my 17 or Centurion and I’ve only put under 50p rounds through the CZ.

I’m picking up a second P09 this week as a spare and to play with some Cajun parts. I think eventually I will pick up a P07 for my small carry gun.

The 226 is my favorite TDA gun of all time. But for an all around carry and play package I think the 09 and 07 are going to be where I stay for awhile.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Had and shot both. My p07 was bone stock and the px4cc was well. Langdonized. The px4cc had a better trigger and sights. But it also costed a lot more. My p07 ran all ammo through it with no issues. The px4cc choked on steel cased ammo during the first 200.

If I could do it over again. I would buy a p07. Do a few minor cgw mods. Trs spring and short reset kit. Throw on some nice sights and talon grips. Just shoot the thing and let the trigger sort itself out. The p07 was much easier to work on and did not rely on any different mag release or decocker levers. I could easily manipulate all of the p07 controls. While the Beretta needed the large mag release and could have used larger decocker.

I loved both guns but I just like some of the stuff the p07 gives you over the Beretta. The base price is also a big bonus. I could afford a spare p07 and just shoot it stock. The px4c in stock form to me was not even interesting.

Good luck, lots of good info here. And once again different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List