Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Light weight TDA choices- PX4CC vs P07

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Does loading the gun slow down your draw
    Ha! Yeah, phrasing. It's a thing. Been playing around with the P07 in a JMCK while unloaded....haven't had access to the work range where I can shoot from the holster! And...new to junk carry and all.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Have you looked at these? HDish w a gold outline around the tritium. Thinking about getting them for my spare slide.

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/fr....html?___SID=U
    I have seen those. Don't particularly like the color...doesn't 'pop' for my eyes. But it's probably the best option right now...other than a red fiber, which I'm okay with.

Back to LSP552's question...have you shot wither one of them? They're both acceptable choices...really gonna come down to personal preference. The lack of sight choices and the need to switch out trigger return springs and firing pin retaining pin for durability are the only downside to the P07 that I've found.

I've never shot the Beretta CC but I've been real happy with these. Bought them specifically for AIWB use.

Name:  DSC_0194.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  70.2 KB
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Regrettably I have no information to offer on either.

However, since you have decades with Sig pistols have you considered the SP2022? It seems to have pretty favorable reviews around here. Wouldn’t have to learn a new manual of arms.
    The 2022 only weighs about an ounce less than a P229 / M11A1.

While a reliable and accurate gun, the grip trigger break is slightly different that the metal frame SIGS.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-10-2018 at 03:24 PM.

the PX4 compact is NOT lightweight.

27.9oz unloaded

But then the P07 is 27.7oz as well.

Within 4oz of a Beretta M9A1 compact....

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    One of my P-07s has CGW/Dawson tritium sights
    0.135” Rear notch
    0.125” Front width
    I love Dawson stuff, but really wish they would do a HD / Pro-glo type option. At 62, those or a fiber optic just work best. I’m struggling with the concept of fiber on a carry gun but I’m getting over it....

Guns I feel are in the same category.

Unloaded Weight according to manufacturers websites.

Glock 19: 23.6 oz
    P2000: 25 oz
    PX4C: 27.2 oz
    P-07: 27.7 oz
    M&P C 2.0: 28 oz
    P229: 32 oz

And the P239, cuz the LSP552 is a SIG guy at heart:
    P239: 29 oz
    Last edited by David S.; 06-10-2018 at 05:06 PM.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I cut my shooting teeth on TDA Sigs and recently enjoyed a stint with a pair of P07's very much. The trigger reach and break is noticeably shorter on the P07 compared to TDA Sigs and Beretta 92s. Enough so that I struggled with finding the proper finger placement for consistent performance on the P07. The combination of grip shape, trigger shape, and trigger range of motion meant that my finger almost had to slide across the trigger face for DA shots and I would often get pinched when the trigger hit the frame after breaking. I haven't read many others being up this issue, so it may be unique to my physiology.

Importantly for the question in this thread, I did not find that the P07 carried any lighter than my 229 or 226. I'm too lazy to look up the official weights on a phone, but the P07 sure doesn't feel any lighter on the belt. I have no experience with the PX4, so can't comment on it other than to say that I considered it for a lightweight alternative and wrote it off after looking up the weights a while back.

Now, sweating on polymer versus sweating on metal is a different discussion. The polymer guns tolerate constant, caustic sweat much better than any metal-framed Sig. I just wouldn't invest in the P07 for the sole purpose of finding something lighter.
    I had the same issue with the P07. I can shoot a P226 better.

I have no experience with the CZ but I own a PX4CC that I like a lot. If I didn’t work for a Glock issuing agency, I’d be running the PX4CC as my primary ccw. Adding a 12# Wilson mainspring really made the DA trigger nice. I’d love to try one with a LTT trigger job in a bag.

Since you’ve transitioned to Berettas, the PX4CC is the logical choice. It has the same grip angle and the trigger breaks in the same spot. Plus, the internals are very similar to the 92. The transition should be very easy and quick.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List