Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Light weight TDA choices- PX4CC vs P07

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The PX4C has always been harder for me. I hypothesize two reasons -- the short sight radius and the Ameriglo orange square front sight, where it is very easy for me to wash out the small border at the top of the orange, allowing elevation to be less precise. That said, I have not shot enough groups at 25 with the Beretta to be confident of the pistol's underlying accuracy and ammo preferences.
    I have a number of Glocks with the Ameriglo round Pro-Glo front and only one with the square. I personally find the square harder to distinguish the top of the blade. Reminds me I need to yank that off....

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I personally find the square harder to distinguish the top of the blade. Reminds me I need to yank that off....
    Thanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards the square front as my thought would have been the square would have been more distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards the square front as my thought would have been the square would have been more distinct.
    With my eyes, they are an easy to see but all I see is a red blob. I’m 62 and need +2 glasses to read. The round fronts are just as easy to see, but I can distinguish the edges better in the notch.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    With my eyes, they are an easy to see but all I see is a red blob. I’m 62 and need +2 glasses to read. The round fronts are just as easy to see, but I can distinguish the edges better in the notch.
    Thanks for the money saving tip. I'm 53 and need +1.5 glasses to read. I've been using the round Ameriglo Spartan sights on my work and personal guns for a few years. I was beginning to thing the Ameriglo square sights may be better for me to see. I'll save the money and stay with my round blobs.

Site Supporter
    Just to illustrate how YMMV, I found it easier to place the fuzzy square red thing between the two fuzzy black posts. It's good to have choices.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Just to illustrate how YMMV, I found it easier to place the fuzzy square red thing between the two fuzzy black posts. It's good to have choices.
    Agreed, plus more bright paint makes it easier to see the fuzzy front thing in a variety of lights for me. But, a lot of this is personal preference, I guess. I fell in love with the square CAP front sights when they first came out, so that's what my eye is used to seeing now - I don't pick up the red/yellow rings as well...

I just cannot get over the PX4 slippery grip texture and I do not stipple my handguns. I also hate grip tape or talon grips. So, I Just ordered a brand new OD Green P07 with the latest LCI/Extractor and factory night sights for $452 shipped

Will update when she arrives.

Just shot 25 yard B-8’s today with my P30, P30SK and PX4.

I shot all three guns within about 10 points of each other. I did discover that my new-to-me PX4 sights are a bit off on windage. In spite of that I managed to score 85-1X with 147g +P HST on my fourth attempt. Not terrible for me, under the circumstances.
    David S.

I drifted my front sight a bit and went back to the range today. Here's a quick follow up in my training journal if anybody cares. See post #16.

TL;DR: Now that I have my sights properly aligned, I shoot the PX4C about as well as my P30. Then again, I haven't spent much time at 25 yards, so that's not really saying much.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    I just cannot get over the PX4 slippery grip texture and I do not stipple my handguns. I also hate grip tape or talon grips. So, I Just ordered a brand new OD Green P07 with the latest LCI/Extractor and factory night sights for $452 shipped

Will update when she arrives.
    Why don't you stipple your guns? I don't usually stipple but I don't flat out refuse either. Just did a conservative amount of stippling on my PX4 compact and it made a huge improvement.

Last edited by Serpico1985; 06-22-2018 at 04:13 PM.

User Tag List