Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Light weight TDA choices- PX4CC vs P07

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    What lights fit the px4cc? It doesn’t fit full size lights am I correct?
    The Streamlight TLR-3 fits the PX4CC.

You are correct -- full-size lights do not fit. The TLR-7/8 does not fit, either.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’ve yet to handle a USPc with a decent DA trigger. Small sample size of 2 or 3 a few years ago when I seriously considered buying one. I’m probably going to do the PX4 CC 4 since I’m kinda on a Beretta kick.

Again, I really appreciate everyone’s info!
    I you can source yourself a Robar/Langdon modified one with the NP3 internals, I highly recommend that you do so! That bobbed hammer and trigger job were absolutely astounding on the one that I had for a brief period of time (Mod 5). The combination of the NP3 and rotary barrel system also make it incredibly easy to cycle by hand. It glides slicker than snot.

I had two P-07's and one PX4CC Mod 5 for a short period of time. The P-07's just work, plain and simple and don't need anything from the factory to make them serviceable. That being said they still didn't feel as refined as the Beretta and I had more confidence in the quality of materials of the Beretta. For instance I chipped a piece of slide steel off of a P10C while using a nylon punch to install a CZ Custom rear sight that was already fitted.

The Robar guns are sexy, but you are paying a premium for all that. I like the mass of PX4CC slide and how easy it is to manipulate, but it definitely needs an extended decock lever on at least the side accessible by your primary hand thumb.

I get these guns are not optimal for 25 yard group group shooting, but I spent some time shooting 25 yard groups on Saturday afternoon after my match, with the USP C, P07 and Mod 4 PX4C. The Beretta was much harder for me to shoot pleasing 25 yard groups with.

Anyone else shot some 25 yard groups lately with their PX4C?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’ve yet to handle a USPc with a decent DA trigger. Small sample size of 2 or 3 a few years ago when I seriously considered buying one. I’m probably going to do the PX4 CC 4 since I’m kinda on a Beretta kick.

Again, I really appreciate everyone’s info!
    Curious to hear how this works out for you. Langdon and others have made the PX4 series very difficult for TDA fans to ignore. I've looked very seriously at USP compacts in the past. The 9c just feels right to me more so than the PX4.

For what it's worth, I've found a way to inadvertently drop the magazine out of my P09 about once every 10 draws. The middle finger of my right hand lightly touches the magazine release when I take a good grip. When my left-hand joins the grip and I clamp down I will occasionaly apply enough pressure to the magazine release to drop the magazine after the first shot. This isn't good and it has made for a lot of frustration.

This issue is probably unique to me because the tips of my strong-hand fingers have an odd upward angle when I grip a semi-auto. I've run into this issue with a couple of other pistols in the past though usually it only happens with extended magazine releases.

This might turn into a very short-lived experience with polymer TDA CZ's for me. For now, I'm still carrying a Glock until I figure this out or move on.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I get these guns are not optimal for 25 yard group group shooting, but I spent some time shooting 25 yard groups on Saturday afternoon after my match, with the USP C, P07 and Mod 4 PX4C. The Beretta was much harder for me to shoot pleasing 25 yard groups with.

What pistol shot the best 25 yard groups? Asking for a friend.
    Last edited by MGW; 06-18-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Would you call 25 yard group shooting with a PX4CC G26 or G19 hard?

Thanks George
    Last edited by LSP552; 06-18-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Curious to hear how this works out for you. Langdon and others have made the PX4 series very difficult for TDA fans to ignore. I've looked very seriously at USP compacts in the past. The 9c just feels right to me more so than the PX4.

For what it's worth, I've found a way to inadvertently drop the magazine out of my P09 about once every 10 draws. The middle finger of my right hand lightly touches the magazine release when I take a good grip. When my left-hand joins the grip and I clamp down I will occasionaly apply enough pressure to the magazine release to drop the magazine after the first shot. This isn't good and it has made for a lot of frustration.

This issue is probably unique to me because the tips of my strong-hand fingers have an odd upward angle when I grip a semi-auto. I've run into this issue with a couple of other pistols in the past though usually it only happens with extended magazine releases.

This might turn into a very short-lived experience with polymer TDA CZ's for me. For now, I'm still carrying a Glock until I figure this out or move on.
    The one thing Glock does better than anyone is make a scalable platform suitable for any size need. I’m still looking for a TDA G26.....

Ironically the PX4 compact has a shorter barrel (by .20") and a shorter sight radius (by .19") than the G26 with a frame that's more similar in size to a G19. The PX4 compact is kinda like a DA/SA G26X. Hahaha.

Hammertime
    No, but I found it more challenging than a G26 when I did.

I have had pretty good luck shooting 25 yard Glock 26 groups over the years. Probably five or more years ago, when I was hard at work (unsuccessfully I might add) trying to find an accurate load in six M&P 9 pistols (two shooters and a carry each for my wife and I), I would shoot control groups each session at 25 yards with the G26, to make sure the M&P groups were the pistol and not me the shooter. I have also been told the the G26 was the most accurate non 1911 service pistol that a certain Federal agency tested at 50 yards.

The P07 is easier for me to shoot groups with then the HK USP C, because my HK sights are more drive the dot making the 3x5 harder for me to see, and the P07 SA trigger is easier for me at 25 yards. The PX4C has always been harder for me. I hypothesize two reasons -- the short sight radius and the Ameriglo orange square front sight, where it is very easy for me to wash out the small border at the top of the orange, allowing elevation to be less precise. That said, I have not shot enough groups at 25 with the Beretta to be confident of the pistol's underlying accuracy and ammo preferences.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List