Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 117

Thread: Light weight TDA choices- PX4CC vs P07

  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    In exile, behind the lines
    Just came from the range, where I finally had the chance to shoot my friends P07. Already liked the trigger, with the Cajun Pro package. Feels similar to my well worn 226 trigger. Obviously the gun was a little bit snappier in recoil than my 9mm 226, but only a tiny bit. Very impressed by the gun. I've shot a few Shadow 2s and Accushadows...so I knew what a CZ trigger CAN be. I thought this was very suitable for duty/carry. In short, I'm getting one...and a JMCK to start AIWB carrying it. Maybe I'll even take to wearing shorts in the summer!

  2. #82
    2017 PFestP320 Winner RevolverRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baddest part of town...
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    The 2022 has always been SIG’s step-child. I’ve shot them, just never cared for them. The trigger is enough different and there are not a lot of options for support. I expect tSIG to discontinue it at any time. I’m already miffed they just killed the P239. The 239 is probably the slimmest TDA there is. It’s heavy for the capacity but shoots almost like a full sized pistol.
    Springfield XD-E?

    I know - we all hate Springfield. But it's the only gun out there "close" to the P239 in terms of size while being a TDA.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Springfield XD-E?

    I know - we all hate Springfield. But it's the only gun out there "close" to the P239 in terms of size while being a TDA.
    Due to it's feature set, I want the XD-E to be a good gun. Everything out there about the XD line keeps me away so far. I'd love for someone reputable to give it the treatment Langdon gave the PX4, wringing it out and reporting back honestly, and hopefully they'd have good results. Then j could get one with some confidence instead of trepidation.

  4. #84
    Site Supporter 98z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Mississippi
    While not a Langdon 50k-round wring out, our very own Tamara Keel did a nice review of the XD-E here: https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...d-armory-xd-e/

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    While not a Langdon 50k-round wring out, our very own Tamara Keel did a nice review of the XD-E here: https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...d-armory-xd-e/
    Oh, I read, and enjoyed her review. I even understand that due to the constraints of a magazine article it couldn't be a 50k deal. I'd just like to see someone get north of, say 10k, and report back, that's all. @Tamara did an encouraging review for sure, just wanting some more confirmation from other trusted sources.

  6. #86
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Rented a PX4 Compact at the range today.

    It was nice. Just from a stock gun I was really impressed with the trigger. If I were carrying a TDA gun, a Langdonized version would absolutely be the tits for a G19 sized gun.

  7. #87
    Known Industry Shill Tamara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Oh, I read, and enjoyed her review. I even understand that due to the constraints of a magazine article it couldn't be a 50k deal. I'd just like to see someone get north of, say 10k, and report back, that's all. @Tamara did an encouraging review for sure, just wanting some more confirmation from other trusted sources.
    I mean, I've probably got 2k total rounds through XDE's, just not through any one gun. I came pretty close to buying the writer's copy, but it would have been for a reason like "Well, I'm thinking about switching over to DA/SA this year and this would make a good gun just in case I needed something smaller/skinnier than a P30SK/PX4 SC" and not for any practical reasons and I'm too poor for that kind of speculation right now.

  8. #88
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    In the desert, looking for water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I mean, I've probably got 2k total rounds through XDE's, just not through any one gun. I came pretty close to buying the writer's copy, but it would have been for a reason like "Well, I'm thinking about switching over to DA/SA this year and this would make a good gun just in case I needed something smaller/skinnier than a P30SK/PX4 SC" and not for any practical reasons and I'm too poor for that kind of speculation right now.
    I’ve thought about getting one, and I’d like to try one, but I’ve got a 3913, 3953, 4516-1, and 92a1. Between them, I just don’t see justifying a new gun right now. Especially since I’m actually mostly carrying a G26 and G42.

  9. #89
    Site Supporter jwperry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Polk County, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
    For those with experience, how do the triggers on the PX4 CC, CGW P07, and the SIG Legion guns compare?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do not have experience with the CZ, but my 2 Legion examples (both P229 9mm) vs PX4 full sized (2 guns) was that the Legion triggers were heavier, longer & grittier in DA & SA vs the PX4 out of the box.

    I normally polish my Sigs' sear, hammer strut contact points(hammer side & spring side) and grease the sh*t out of the areas I polished. After that, the Legion triggers were amazing. I feel the PX4 triggers are great of the box, but not as good as a reworked Sig trigger.

    I swapped in a 12lb hammer spring into my PX4 samples and I don't feel like it made much of a difference over the original spring. I do feel the PX4 fits my hand a little better than the Sig and my trigger reach is much better on the PX4. I have little hands.

  10. #90
    Known Industry Shill Tamara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I’ve thought about getting one, and I’d like to try one, but I’ve got a 3913, 3953, 4516-1, and 92a1. Between them, I just don’t see justifying a new gun right now. Especially since I’m actually mostly carrying a G26 and G42.
    It doesn't really do anything the 3913 doesn't already do. It's maybe a hair smaller. The only difference is that if the XDE breaks, you can send it back to Geneseo, whereas if a 3rd Gen Smif shits the bed, it's time to scour Numrich and hope for luck.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TLG 1970–2016 RIPRampageForTheCure.org