Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: RIP 2010 RAV4. Soliciting advice for replacement

My mother had her house and auto with the same agent for almost 40 years. She was shocked when I finally got her to shop around. She just couldn't believe that there is ZERO value in customer loyalty to insurance companies anymore. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. At least that's their perception.

It pays to shop your policies every 3 to 5 years. USAA seems to be the sole exception, I've yet to hear anything bad about them.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

- Chicago has stupid drivers too.
    There are still drivers out there who bought their license from George Ryan... pretty sure I see a few of them every time I'm back in Chicago. last trip in April, saw someone stop in the middle of a block on a four lane highway for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I'd bet a 3in N-frame that it'd much simpler to just turbocharge the XV's stock engine. It's fundamentally almost identical to the FA20/4UGSE engine found in the FRS/BRZ/GT86 and over fifty different vendors developed turbo kits for that engine, that I'm aware of.
    Yes indeed, but it sure would be nice to have that as a factory option. That said, the Crosstrek is not marketed as a go-fast vehicle and the stock engine, though a bit under-whelming, is certainly adequate for normal driving and any off-roading someone might do in a Subaru. Getting 30+ MPG in a full time AWD vehicle isn't too shabby either.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    My mother had her house and auto with the same agent for almost 40 years. She was shocked when I finally got her to shop around. She just couldn't believe that there is ZERO value in customer loyalty to insurance companies anymore. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. At least that's their perception.

It pays to shop your policies every 3 to 5 years. USAA seems to be the sole exception, I've yet to hear anything bad about them.
    My agent got back to me personally at 9:30 the next business day to loop me in with a customer advocate, so we'll see what happens. I want to give them a chance to make this right as this is my first real problem with them in 3 years. if I feel miffed in any way, I am happy to look for a new quote.

Ironically, just got the reminder that my registration on the RAV4 was due to expire in July. Saved myself ~$160 I guess...

User Tag List