Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP 2010 RAV4. Soliciting advice for replacement

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

RIP 2010 RAV4. Soliciting advice for replacement

This thing posted two of the same messages. At least I thought it did. After I deleted the second one, it deleted the first one.

I’m going to bed.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 06-11-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

RIP 2010 RAV4. Soliciting advice for replacement

Deleted
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 06-11-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    ...seeing an F250 quad cab go straight through an intersection from the left turn lane on a green left arrow.
    That's how I lost my 4runner. Driver went straight through a turn lane.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ^^^^Don't leave Miami off any list of pathetic, dangerous drivers.
    I've not been to NYC but Miami is the worst place I've ever been for driving. Dallas is a close 2nd place.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Rumor has it the freeway chase scene from the Matrix 2 was live footage of the San Antonio freeway system.....
    And Blackhawk Down is just Baltimore traffic cams with audio.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Subaru Crosstrek is a good option.

And— you came out of that ok. Looks like it could have been so much worse.
    I just traded off a 2016 Crosstrek in a 2018 Forrester. I bought the black edition so it has most of the options I wanted and the 2.5 liter engine. Payments went down and so did insurance oddly. I’m very pleased with the Forester so far. The Crosstrek was just too small and very under powered.

I like to look at 4 Runners and they are great off road vehicles. For daily drivers with highway time they don’t cut it for me. They’re under powered, don’t get good gas mileage, and don’t drive that well down the highway. And my Forester was almost half the price.

I know Subarus are not sexy but they’re also not like the Subarus that were being made 10 years ago. They’re really nice vehicles. I owned three Toyota pickups in a row before this and for daily drivers the Subaru is a really nice choice.

We ended up buying my wife a two year old CRV. I hate it. It’s ugly, feels squishy going down the road, and has no get up and go at all. It’s like driving a smaller mini van.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I take it you never drove the Central Artery in Boston? Or see somebody pull off a “left turn on red after slightly slowing down”? The rotary in Jamaica Plain was almost like driving a demolition derby.

I-95 in CT, going south, goes from “meh” to “shitshow” to “sweet Jesus, take me now.” The road is horribly over-capacity. There are some situations, like coming south on I-95 and having to get off at the Long Wharf exit in New Haven, that cry out for using an armored car.
    I-95 is especially bad around Stamford/into NY state. It's also not great around Hartford or New Haven, but otherwise, I'd absolutely take it any day over Denver. Drivers know their lanes, know when to be appropriately aggressive, and know when/where they can get away with speeding, passing etc.

Denver is like playing bumper cars with a bunch of drunks. I could get into a litany of egregiously stupid and dangerous things I've seen around Denver but I am trying to keep my blood pressure low...

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I just traded off a 2016 Crosstrek in a 2018 Forrester. I bought the black edition so it has most of the options I wanted and the 2.5 liter engine. Payments went down and so did insurance oddly. I’m very pleased with the Forester so far. The Crosstrek was just too small and very under powered.

I like to look at 4 Runners and they are great off road vehicles. For daily drivers with highway time they don’t cut it for me. They’re under powered, don’t get good gas mileage, and don’t drive that well down the highway. And my Forester was almost half the price.

I know Subarus are not sexy but they’re also not like the Subarus that were being made 10 years ago. They’re really nice vehicles. I owned three Toyota pickups in a row before this and for daily drivers the Subaru is a really nice choice.

We ended up buying my wife a two year old CRV. I hate it. It’s ugly, feels squishy going down the road, and has no get up and go at all. It’s like driving a smaller mini van.
    I'm definitely leaning towards the Subaru right now. Seems like the right compromise between price, vehicle power, cargo capacity, milage, etc. Good to know re: Crosstrek/Forester; I'll keep that in mind. Don't want to have a car that struggles to accelerate at sea level - my RAV barely cut it in the mountains as it is. I'll keep an eye out for a 2.5L.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 06-12-2018 at 09:02 AM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I just bought a Tacoma. If we didn't already have an SUV and a need for pickup I'd have gotten a 4 Runner. Either would be 4x4. With your luck I'd put some plate bumpers on it.
    What I really want are these : Name:  lug-nut-spike-covers-dsc02331.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  14.4 KB mounted in an array on the rear bumper assembly plate...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I-95 is especially bad around Stamford/into NY state. It's also not great around Hartford or New Haven, but otherwise, I'd absolutely take it any day over Denver. Drivers know their lanes, know when to be appropriately aggressive, and know when/where they can get away with speeding, passing etc.
    For those of you not familiar with New England, Hartford is on I-91. The I-84/91 interchange is bad, especially with CT Route 2 joining I-84 about a thousand feet to the east.

I-95 in western Fairfield County, CT has always been bad. But there was a time when the traffic generally went in one direction. That changed in the `70s.

We're not even talking about "The Mixing Bowl", the I-95/395/495 interchange in Springfield, VA. It was a horror show when I lived there in the mid-`80s. But I gather they've improved the hell out of it.

CWM11B
    I am dangerously close to pulling the trigger on an outback. I've looked at all the crossovers, SUVs, and mid size pickups. For pretty much anything short of extreme off roading or actually needing a pick up, the outback is the way to go from my point of view. I just cant bear the thought of a car payment

I’m really hoping the crosstrek gets more power in the next few years. I’d really like to get one but I don’t think I’d be happy with that lack of power for 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I like to look at 4 Runners and they are great off road vehicles. For daily drivers with highway time they don’t cut it for me...We ended up buying my wife a two year old CRV. I hate it. It’s ugly, feels squishy going down the road, and has no get up and go at all. It’s like driving a smaller mini van.
    Totally agree on the 4Runner. Disagree on the CR-V. My minivan has near-as-makes-no-difference 300 hp. It makes the older CRVs look positively lethargic. Don’t dishonor the dad van by comparing it to that anemic station wagon. The new CR-V with the turbo is a little better, but the modern V6 vans are MUCH more powerful, comfortable, and practical. The only reason to buy a CRV is if you don’t want to put your dog in the trunk of an Accord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List