Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harbor Freight’s popular workbench is on sale for $120

Harbor Freight’s popular workbench is on sale for $120

I love mine that is in use as my reloading bench. I paid $135 for mine and don’t regret the purchase at all.

https://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-...BnbWFpbC5jb20=
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 06-09-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I love mine that is in use as my reloading bench. I paid $135 for mine and don’t regret the purchase at all.

https://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-...BnbWFpbC5jb20=
    How sturdy is it if i was putting lateral stress on it like i was planing a piece of wood? If its good im in for 2.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    How sturdy is it if i was putting lateral stress on it like i was planing a piece of wood? If its good im in for 2.

Wondering the same thing, as things I have seen assembled in stores, are not always done correctly, also still awaiting another answer, so I probably won't get this one answered either:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ht=jack+stands

This bench is pretty darn sturdy. The top is not solid hard wood though. I would through bolt any reloading press and not trust lag screws.

I don't load on mine but I'd think it would be as good as any free standing bench could be.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    This bench is pretty darn sturdy. The top is not solid hard wood though. I would through bolt any reloading press and not trust lag screws.

I don't load on mine but I'd think it would be as good as any free standing bench could be.
    The wood will fail before the glue bond gives out.

Site Supporter
    Bracing with a 2 X 4 on each side will help. On each end attach plywood to legs from floor up. On bench in the middle, attach 2 x 6 from front to back edges. Use this area for attaching press. For convenience, you may wish to use large C clamps for attaching press. If possible, anchor table to wall. Using a 2 X 6 as suggested is necessary to prevent flexing or breaking over time.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Wondering the same thing, as things I have seen assembled in stores, are not always done correctly, also still awaiting another answer, so I probably won't get this one answered either:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ht=jack+stands
    I'm so very sorry you didn't get timely advice from a stranger on the internet. I suppose you feel owed.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I don't think I can comment on that since mine has been bolted to the wall and floor since I got it.
    #RESIST

I don't think I can comment on that since mine has been bolted to the wall and floor since I got it.
    Thanks LL, i think ill take a chance, always looking for more work benches haha.

I'm so very sorry you didn't get timely advice from a stranger on the internet. I suppose you feel owed.
    Owed, no. I didn't assume you would come back, based on evidence of hit and run bargain alerts.

User Tag List