Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Got my first ACRO yesterday, the G45 slide is getting milled Monday.

The second one from those nice folks at CS Tactical is going on a shotgun. Just trying to decide which one......

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I remember back when the Gen 5s had first started coming out and they announced the G34, they had said there was a metallurgy change in the 34 slide to make it not need the cutout.
    This doesn't make sense considering material under the MOS plate has been removed to save weight on the 34.5.

Battery life reports are concerning me greatly - I’m putting my planned 19.5 MOS / ACRO project on hold until things shake out. But, the battery capacity stats listed above tell the tale - less than 25% of the capacity of the “standard” 2032, and the sight seems to be rather thirsty. A bad combination...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Battery life reports are concerning me greatly - I’m putting my planned 19.5 MOS / ACRO project on hold until things shake out. But, the battery capacity stats listed above tell the tale - less than 25% of the capacity of the “standard” 2032, and the sight seems to be rather thirsty. A bad combination...
    The Acro has a small battery, and no sleep or auto adjustment feature to minimize dot intensity/battery drain when the pistol is not being fired. I will be interested to see how this plays out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The key to success seems to be a battery management strategy.

I bought the ACRO because I expected it to be the most durable and reliable optic of its kind on the market. I expect time will prove me right on that.

Given the demands of the form factor the battery life doesn't concern me too much. I wish I had a better read on that going in, but I have a strategy that should work quite well at keeping the optic up and running.

The name "Aimpoint" conveys a certain expectations based on the host of experiences with their other products. This one is considerably different and needs to be approached differently.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Since the outer protective lenses are designed to be replaceable at the factory I wonder if an outer objective lens with more tint might be an option to allow the sight to be run on a lower brightness, but still be usable?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    but I have a strategy that should work quite well at keeping the optic up and running.

Do you mind giving an outline of your strategy?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Irrelevant
    Last edited by Eric_L; 06-15-2019 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Since the outer protective lenses are designed to be replaceable at the factory I wonder if an outer objective lens with more tint might be an option to allow the sight to be run on a lower brightness, but still be usable?
    Who would want that?

Probably a marginal gain in battery life vs a tiny or off color view through the optic? No thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Trijicon does this with that slight blue tint. Allows for greater contrast and a lower brightness setting for the dot to e useable.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List