Page 90 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Holster construction and position are a big deal.

Remember you don’t need to stop the dot, break the shot when the dot crosses your scoring area.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yup, there’s a bit of a learning curve relearning a couple decades of iron sight usage where you kind of want to let the sights settle before breaking a shot (depending on the target) and just break it as soon as the dot is in an acceptable spot on the target. I need to start treating this pistol like my rifles with dots and accept flash sight pictures as good enough on high probability targets. I think it’s got a lot to do with being able to process the input your getting faster, just going to take a little time to wrap my head around it.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Yup, there’s a bit of a learning curve relearning a couple decades of iron sight usage where you kind of want to let the sights settle before breaking a shot (depending on the target) and just break it as soon as the dot is in an acceptable spot on the target. I need to start treating this pistol like my rifles with dots and accept flash sight pictures as good enough on high probability targets. I think it’s got a lot to do with being able to process the input your getting faster, just going to take a little time to wrap my head around it.
    Something you might consider, is picking something crazy hard with your presentations, and see what is possible. A drill I like to do is draw to an eight inch steel at 25 yards, and try to do it in 1 second. It takes a lot of concentration, so I will do some draws, go do something else, and come back to it later. Here I am trying it today with the P10F.

I just bought some 8” plates & need to make some stands for them...that’s a good drill for sure. Last time I did it with my buddy who has a small plate I was getting down to the 1.6-8 range at 20 yards with my 1911. 1 second at 25 with a dot seems crazy...but doable with work...a lot of work...especially for this high B SS shooter.

BTW, that scoop draw you got going on is damn quick...gotta try that out sometime.
    Last edited by TCB; 05-30-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    I just bought some 8” plates & need to make some stands for them...that’s a good drill for sure. Last time I did it with my buddy who has a small plate I was getting down to the 1.6-8 range at 20 yards with my 1911. 1 second at 25 with a dot seems crazy...but doable with work...a lot of work...especially for this high B SS shooter.

BTW, that scoop draw you got going on is damn quick...gotta try that out sometime.
    The key is to try things and don’t worry about failure, as you have to do it once before you can do it more regularly.

While the draw may appear to be a scoop, I trap it with my thumb before lifting it from the holster. A pure scoop gives me the willies.

Well whatever it is...it’s quick.

Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

https://www.facebook.com/20768314595...457523&sfns=mo

Pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 05-31-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/20768314595...457523&sfns=mo

Pretty cool.

Looks cool. Now someone please make one of these that works with mos and other multi
    optic plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Rc217 View Post
    Looks cool. Now someone please make one of these that works with mos and other multi
    optic plates.
    The Acro lends perfectly to this. The others do not sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    The Acro lends perfectly to this. The others do not sadly.

I was referring to a shim sight for the acro that would also work with an MOS plate. The way I read the announcement is that it is for their cut only.

User Tag List