Page 88 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Atei Shimsight?

Anyone have any insight on - or better images of - Atei's shimsight for M&P slides they've milled for the Acro?

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Attachment 38443

Mine came in today, can’t wait to wring this thing out on my next days off...so far I’m impressed. Wayne your recommendation on irons was spot on, seems like the perfect back up set.
    Can you please restate which irons these are?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Can you please restate which irons these are?
    Based on Wayne’s previous recommendations; Ameriglo GL-429.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:  35AF51F4-5EB8-4387-96E7-BDBD9A233207.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  23.3 KBName:  50CC16FC-7977-4CD6-BA41-DBE84C39CAFB.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  23.3 KB

Yup, Ameriglo GL-429. They just clear the optic’s window giving you a small sight picture while mainly staying out of the way. The pic with the dot at the bottom has aligned irons (it was impossible to focus on the front sight with my phone).
    Last edited by TCB; 05-25-2019 at 12:28 PM.

I got a plate for my P10F and my Acro is coming next week. I doubt the irons will clear but I'm probably just not going to worry about it. My 92GSD is my goto but I am going to try out the RDS again since at 45, my eyes aren't getting any better

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I got a plate for my P10F and my Acro is coming next week. I doubt the irons will clear but I'm probably just not going to worry about it. My 92GSD is my goto but I am going to try out the RDS again since at 45, my eyes aren't getting any better
    If it is the OR version your stock sights won’t clear it. You can order a p09 front eighth from Dawson’s that is tall enough to clear the optic. You won’t be able to find a rear sight yet, but I found that using the tall front alone, and keeping the stock rear sight, you can still get an acceptable backup sight picture out to the 25 (as far as I went because I was having fun shooting with the dot on instead of off)

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That looks like really nice work.

I used to think my sights on the VP9 were canted left. I also notice it on yours. It seems to actually be an interesting optical illusion due to the slide cover.

Yup, Ameriglo GL-429. They just clear the optic’s window giving you a small sight picture while mainly staying out of the way. The pic with the dot at the bottom has aligned irons (it was impossible to focus on the front sight with my phone).
    Exactly the information I was coming to look for. I want the irons to be as low in the window as possible, while being usable. Looks like the GL-429 set is perfect. Can't argue about the price either. Thanks for the pics.

Name:  35AF51F4-5EB8-4387-96E7-BDBD9A233207.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  23.3 KBName:  50CC16FC-7977-4CD6-BA41-DBE84C39CAFB.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  23.3 KB

Whelp, I think I see a 19.5 MOS in my future.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Tho one pictured above is a G19MOS top end on a G45 frame...I like it.

User Tag List