Page 79 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by EJO View Post
    Spoke with Ashley today and she put me on the list but Strohman is currently out of stock.
    Did Ashley say if they ever received any initially, or are they still waiting for their first shipment?

I did not ask. I just asked if she had any in stock today and she said no but would put me on the list. She made it sound like it wouldn’t be long.

Datapoint on Milling Option for the Acro

Per a response to an email inquiry I sent to ATEi, within "a few weeks" they will offer a direct mounting solution for the Acro that allows the user to choose either a front or rear mounted rear sight for the Acro. Cost will be $120. It seems that currently they can only mill for a forward mounted rear sight. Werd....

They also commented and recommended standard height iron sights and advised that suppressor sights would sit too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Per a response to an email inquiry I sent to ATEi, within "a few weeks" they will offer a direct mounting solution for the Acro that allows the user to choose either a front or rear mounted rear sight for the Acro. Cost will be $120. It seems that currently they can only mill for a forward mounted rear sight. Werd....

They also commented and recommended standard height iron sights and advised that suppressor sights would sit too high.
    BUIS in the front in order to sink it low enough to use regular sights.

It seems somewhere between impolite and untoward to post a private email communication to a message board, but the syntax on the ATEi struck me as a little off (almost like an english as a second language thing); and it nonetheless comes off as marketing talk in response to a pretty simple question. So,... so you guys can see it for yourselves minus my interpolation, I give you a lightly redacted version of what ATEi said:

As of today, we suggest rearward placement of the ACRO P-1 which allows the lowest possible mounting. We can, today, mill for a rear BUIS in front of the ACRO P-1, BUT our new solution will be ready in just a few weeks. We belive it will be worth waiting for, as it saves you, the customer, the $50 for the dovetail cut. That's right, no dovetail is needed with our milling.

So, again, yes, we can mount your ACRO P-1 nice and low and will mill a new dovetail in front. Cost is $100 for the milling and $50 for the dovetail cut in front of the optic.

Current Option:
    Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Milling $100
    Ameriglo Rear Backup Sight $25
    (Only In Front Of Optic)
    Dovetail Milling $50
    Total: $175

Within A Few Weeks:
    ATEi Rear Backup Sight $20
    (Either In Front or Behind Optic)
    Total: $120

With ATEi milling, regular height sights work best. Suppressor height sights would be too tall and unneeded with our milling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    It seems somewhere between impolite and untoward to post a private email communication to a message board, but the syntax on the ATEi struck me as a little off (almost like an english as a second language thing); and it nonetheless comes off as marketing talk in response to a pretty simple question. So,... so you guys can see it for yourselves minus my interpolation, I give you a lightly redacted version of what ATEi said:

As of today, we suggest rearward placement of the ACRO P-1 which allows the lowest possible mounting. We can, today, mill for a rear BUIS in front of the ACRO P-1, BUT our new solution will be ready in just a few weeks. We belive it will be worth waiting for, as it saves you, the customer, the $50 for the dovetail cut. That's right, no dovetail is needed with our milling.

So, again, yes, we can mount your ACRO P-1 nice and low and will mill a new dovetail in front. Cost is $100 for the milling and $50 for the dovetail cut in front of the optic.

Current Option:
    Ameriglo Rear Backup Sight $25
    (Only In Front Of Optic)
    Dovetail Milling $50
    Total: $175

Within A Few Weeks:
    ATEi Rear Backup Sight $20
    (Either In Front or Behind Optic)
    Total: $120

With ATEi milling, regular height sights work best. Suppressor height sights would be too tall and unneeded with our milling.
    I am surprised the cut doesn’t fall into the firing pin safety channel when the rear sight is maintained in the factory dovetail...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATEI has been nothing but straightforward with me and anyone I know that deals with them. To me it sounds like they are just saying. Yeah I can do it. But it is worth it to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn’t be happier with atei’s customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Doesn’t seem overly ESL to me. I’ve, sadly, written substantially worse emails to some of my customers — which I’d like to blame on a combination of eagerness to respond, smart phone virtual keyboards/autocorrect, and diminishing eyesight, but in reality I’m probably just not half as awesome as I once thought I was.
    Definitely looked like a cell phone email. ATEi sounds like a solid solution if they can mount it low enough that you can use regular height sights... Really interested to see what they can do with the SRO.

If my comments came off as knocking ATEi, that was not my intent. Indeed, I inquired with them about what they can do because I've heard nothing but good regarding their work. But, I had to re-read this a few times to understand what was being said and I still wasn't completely sure I had a lock on it (perhaps *I'm* the one with ESL issues) so I thought it best to give it to ya'll straight as they said it to me. That is all. Hugs out.

User Tag List