Page 76 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

(deleted, gathering my own info)
    Last edited by einherjarvalk; 05-02-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I slowed it down, and really could not tell....

@Wayne Dobbs...Has this been an issue?

I can't wait for a right handed version....

pat

I haven't noticed signs of brass strike on the Gen 5 guns we've been using as demo platforms. I'd guess that it's certainly possible and if somebody direct milled a Gen 3 gun with the crap extractor they have on that gun, it's a certainty! The breechface/extractor/ejector combination on Gen 5 appears to be pretty solid after watching it for several thousand rounds now.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

What guns are confirmed to be able to be direct milled for the acro as of yet? So far I've seen glocks and p10's. With optic plates I've seen the 509 and fn45 as well. Anyone seen a direct milled m&p yet or a p07/09? Is there anything about the acro footprint that would stop other platforms from being able to be direct milled for it?
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Looking at the ACRO footprint, I can't imagine there would be much stopping it from getting installed on other designs short of not having enough room behind the ejection port. I was actually talking to a friend about how I think the ACRO will be the premier option for the P30 series since the narrower footprint will serve as a better fit to the trapezoidal-shaped slides seen there and on the VP9.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Was it a “finished product” adapter plate? The only pic that I’ve seen looked printed, it was white.
    Per Unity IG, shipping next week.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Looking at the ACRO footprint, I can't imagine there would be much stopping it from getting installed on other designs short of not having enough room behind the ejection port. I was actually talking to a friend about how I think the ACRO will be the premier option for the P30 series since the narrower footprint will serve as a better fit to the trapezoidal-shaped slides seen there and on the VP9.
    That would be cool, I'm also curious how they'd work on a full size USP

I played with GJM's ACRO today. It left a pleasant impression. This was just standing dry draws and I didn't have difficulty picking the dot up. That said, I do have enough time behind pistol mounted T-1 so that helped but still, the window looks bigger than it actually is. I was very impressed with the clarity of a glass. It was already close to 8 pm so I couldn't test the dot against the bright sum but it seemed adequate.
    Predictably, I found it impossible to conceal under a light colored T-shirt (RMR'd Glock in the same holster was just fine foe me). It didn't look too terrible on GJM under a dark T-shirt but I think that dressing around it for most folks would involve uniforms. Or parkas.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Here’s how the .315” Front & .305” Rear looks on my Gen5 G34 MOS through the ACRO.
    Ideal iron sight picture? Nope. But pretty much exactly what I was looking for in order to have useable back-up irons, and obscure as little of the view through the ACRO as possible. I will try to shoot with just the irons on Monday to see where they hit at 15yds.
    Name:  3A9C9DE0-44E1-465E-87B9-11D76E69B438.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  23.6 KB
    Name:  71A6B2DA-F57D-4274-B0E1-5DDE61DC35EB.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  23.1 KB
    Name:  7B483929-5E51-4549-BAD9-C3451A442587.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  56.6 KB
    Last edited by NickDrak; 05-04-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Here’s the view through my ACRO’s on Gen5 34’s one with Dawson MOS RMR co witness set and the other with my regular iron set up for 34s which is .315 tall front and a .225 tall rear.
    Name:  F39F615A-A1F4-4CC0-8F53-FAFE66D137C0.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  20.7 KB

@karmapolice:
    Left hand image: is that a fiber optic or tritium on the front sight please?

User Tag List