Page 70 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post793145

This thread has some previous discussion as to the realities of mounting optics to pistols forward of the ejection port.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

What are the chances that there will be an effective way to mount an ACRO on a P250, since it has an oddball rear sight system due to the hammer?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post793145

This thread has some previous discussion as to the realities of mounting optics to pistols forward of the ejection port.
    Although I think that years down the line, when we've fully miniaturized PMOs, that's exactly where they'll be located.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    The whole holster will have to be a lot wider because now you have to fit the optic inside the holster too. Also, there won't be anything between the optic and the rear of the slide, so when the gun's holstered there'll be a big void behind the optic that stuff can fall into. Also, since the holster will only be gripping the optic instead of the top of the slide, I'm guessing it probably won't hold the gun as securely.

I remember back in '11 or '12 or so when slide-mounted RDSes on pistols were starting to become a thing, that at least one company tried mounting a T1 forward of the ejection port on a Glock, but the idea never went anywhere AFAIK. Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture of one.
    Here you go

http://www.recoilweb.com/ke-arms-aim...ide-79511.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that these are out, can someone more knowledgeable than I recap my direct mill options? I’ve been thinking my G45 would be a good ACRO host, and I’m not a huge MOS fan. Thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Now that these are out, can someone more knowledgeable than I recap my direct mill options? I’ve been thinking my G45 would be a good ACRO host, and I’m not a huge MOS fan. Thanks!
    Primary Machine is offering an ACRO cut.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Primary Machine is offering an ACRO cut.
    As soon as they come out with an optic we want (enclosed emitter and green dot--would love a green dot ACRO), we will be having Primary Machine do a couple of guns for us. They've been very responsive when I've asked questions, and seem to be interested in guns other than Glocks--in particular CZ-75/85 and HK VP9, which nobody else seems to want to talk about.

Now, if I can just figure out how to get a dot on a revolver with co-witness sights... Been considering a full length rail on top, milled for the mount, with semi-auto dovetails.

Agree on Primary machine - just sent them my 2nd CZ slide to be milled, this time for an rmr. Spoke with Bruce yesterday on the phone. He thinks the Acro will be fine for the polymer CZ’s.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Agree on Primary machine - just sent them my 2nd CZ slide to be milled, this time for an rmr. Spoke with Bruce yesterday on the phone. He thinks the Acro will be fine for the polymer CZ’s.
    Primary does a great job, and has done a bunch of pistols for me. They have three of mine now, including a VP9 for an Acro and a Shadow 2.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Are these available for individual LE purchase from Aimpoint?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

User Tag List