Page 54 of 134 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I was told by a very trustworthy source these will be dropping in March.
    You will probably be contacted by some folks front Aimpoint USA, as they want to know, too.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I was told by a very trustworthy source these will be dropping in March.
    A few pages back:
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    They are expected to start shipping late March/Early April, stay tuned as more information rolls in...
    I'd consider ourselves a trustworthy source as an Aimpoint top tier dealer
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

I have noticed that several companies that do slide milling want to have the exact sight that will be used present when they make the cut. I am told that this is so they can fit your exact sight to the slide properly.

Do you suppose that this will be the case with the P1 also? Will it be acceptable to send a slide in without the sight given the mounting system?

Last edited by MistWolf; 02-24-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If they both are as represented, I think the Acro for comp and openish carry, and the RMS W for discreet carry may be the one/two solution for now.
    I may have missed it in another thread, but why do you feel that the RMS-W beats out the RMR Type 2 and/or DeltaPoint Pro?

Shield Sights have never been on my radar prior to this week, but I was unaware that the company had a history. I thought they were simply a new company suddenly making MRDS out of the blue with no track record.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    This is very position and body type dependent.

Many people have issues with the corner/edge of Glock slides printing in aiwb carry, and the added size of the ACRO is definitely going to fall into that category of issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fear that the ACRO might print too much, but without anyone really having time behind one it’s all just hypothetical.

The rear edge of the Glock slide can print some depending on clothes,holster and pants but with the Acro it looks like it would increase that critical area drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I may have missed it in another thread, but why do you feel that the RMS-W beats out the RMR Type 2 and/or DeltaPoint Pro?

Shield Sights have never been on my radar prior to this week, but I was unaware that the company had a history. I thought they were simply a new company suddenly making MRDS out of the blue with no track record.
    Bigger window than RMR. [ETA: Hopefully] More reliable than DPP.
    Last edited by David S.; 02-25-2019 at 11:28 AM.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post

Between my wife, me and two other PF forum members who are friends, we have broken 25 DP Pros in the last year. In addition, the Pro doesn’t lend itself to BUIS and battery life is a fraction of the RMR. Shield has been making red dots in the form of the J Point for years, so they are not a new company, despite the -W being a new product.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

FWIW a Shield was used by the Modified Champion at the 2002 IPSC World Shoot.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I have noticed that several companies that do slide milling want to have the exact sight that will be used present when they make the cut. I am told that this is so they can fit your exact sight to the slide properly.
    As of right now this is the case from what I was told from ATEi.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List