Page 50 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

I bet there is a G45 MOS by NRA if that influences your decision making.
    That is my hope.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    FYI Vulcan Machine Werks between Denton and Frisco is doing optics cuts for the present crop of optics for $125. I've seen several locals suggest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Awesome! Thank you, kind sir.
    I have not. I haven't seen any bad reviews yet. Several in a local gamer network have recommended them.

@Jackdog, do you know anything about Vulcan Machine Werks?
    I've been emailing back and forth this morning with Jeremy at Vulcan. Here is his last email about how they fit.

David,

We don’t do the “universal” cut. We cut the either of the 2 optic foot prints as per the foot prints we get from Trijicon. As for primary machine “Percision Pockets” the rmr has about .003 of maufacting variation, about the thickness of a sheet of paper. We get them as near perfect as we can. We have cut a lot of optics with zero issues. Here at Vulcan, we offer amazing optic cuts at great prices. We don’t follow what other companies do. We do what we best and that’s cut optics.

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    David S.

Interesting. I have a G17 slide that I bought for a project gun. I might just send it to them when I get my P-1.

And I'm going to try and get all the project guns completed this year, and try to hold off on buying a lot of other new stuff. Of course, I say that every year. Sigh.

What does he mean by precision pockets?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post

I would guess that they actually measure your optic and then cut for that optics dimensions giving you the best fit rather than an oversized "universal" cut that accounts for variation in dimensions.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I've been emailing back and forth this morning with Jeremy at Vulcan. Here is his last email about how they fit.
    thread drift

Looking at their IG page, they appear to have done a lot of P22x Sigs...and at a very competitive price point. Looks like I might have to send them one to see how they compare to L&M for Sig/RMR installs.

/thread drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post

Atei does a pro cut for optics. It costs more but they will machine the slide for a perfect fit with your optic. Believe me it is Perfect. My friend had to send back his rmr 2 and tried to install another rmr 2. Would not fit. Would have had to pound it in almost like a rear sight. Mine snaps in on installation.

The Aimpoint is sweet because you will need a pro cut/precision cut. It will be universal like most mounting systems for optics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Atei does a pro cut for optics. It costs more but they will machine the slide for a perfect fit with your optic. Believe me it is Perfect. My friend had to send back his rmr 2 and tried to install another rmr 2. Would not fit. Would have had to pound it in almost like a rear sight. Mine snaps in on installation.

The Aimpoint is sweet because you will need a pro cut/precision cut. It will be universal like most mounting systems for optics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Given how often red dot sights fail, having trouble substituting a replacement is a problem.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I DM’d Scott Jedlinski yesterday. He doesn’t believe the fitted cut is necessary for Type 2 RMRs.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Given how often red dot sights fail, having trouble substituting a replacement is a problem.
    This.

I just got a type 2 and was going to send to primary machine but the thought of it going down and needing replacing and it not fitting is a problem

User Tag List