Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Im super curious to see how this is going to mount.

From looking at the picture, it doesnt seem like we will be able to inset the optic INTO a slide very much.

Until someone releases actual product photography with this thing stuck on a slide, we will just have to wait and see. Any way you slice the pie its still pretty neat that companies are developing products for this application.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Im super curious to see how this is going to mount.

From looking at the picture, it doesnt seem like we will be able to inset the optic INTO a slide very much.

Until someone releases actual product photography with this thing stuck on a slide, we will just have to wait and see. Any way you slice the pie its still pretty neat that companies are developing products for this application.
    Something like a 1/2 or 3/4 scale Picatinny rail would be freaking awesome to standardize slide mounted optics around.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Here are the technical specs so people don't have to make assumptions based on a photo.

Name:  Aimpoint Specs.jpg
Views: 1676
Size:  64.4 KB

As previously mentioned, it's quite a bit taller than an RMR, and the height is the same (or close to it) across the entire length of the sight which will make it a no go for concealment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Here are the technical specs so people don't have to make assumptions based on a photo.

Name:  Aimpoint Specs.jpg
Views: 1676
Size:  64.4 KB

As previously mentioned, it's quite a bit taller than an RMR, and the height is the same (or close to it) across the entire length of the sight which will make it a no go for concealment for me.
    Great post for the specs:

Trijicon Type 2 RMR dimensions:
    Dimensions
    (L x W x H)
    LED:
    1.8 x 1.1 x 1.0 in.
    46 x 28 x 25mm

Adjustable LED
    1.8 x 1.2 x 1.0 in.
    46 x 30 x 25mm

Dual Illumination:
    1.8 x 1.2 x 1.0 in.
    46 x 30 x 25mm

That makes is HUGE compared to the RMR... Disappointing.
    Last edited by Grey; 06-08-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Looking at that picture, unless that is a Glock 42, it sure looks bigger than half the display size of an RMR.
    I am coming off of m4c info that measured RMR screen at 0.9x0.6 while Nano at 0.6x0.5. The above specs though show this new AP aperture at 0.6x0.6. So, 0.36/0.54 would actually be 2/3 of the screen surface area.
    Last edited by YVK; 06-08-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I’ve been experimenting with red dots the past year in preparation for this. If it’s MOS compatible I’ll be getting one for my nightstand gun. That’s also assuming it’s in the same ballpark as an rmr cost wise.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am coming off of m4c info that measured RMR screen at 0.9x0.6 while Nano at 0.6x0.5. The above specs though show this new AP aperture at 0.6x0.6. So, 0.36/0.54 would actually be 2/3 of the screen surface area.
    If someone is measuring RMR display height at the single high point, that is misleading in terms of usable display, as you can see from this picture.

Name:  7A965574-7270-4F52-944A-39993ABC909C.jpeg
Views: 1475
Size:  62.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The optic is a monster in physical dimensions! It's over 1/2" taller than a DP Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    The optic is a monster in physical dimensions! It's over 1/2" taller than a DP Pro.

So do you think it is gaming suitable? Same question for EDC?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So do you think it is gaming suitable? Same question for EDC?
    No question it would rule for gaming. It would be larger than I would like on my carry guns. It does look like BUIS would be usable. I am interested in how it mounts to a pistol. It looks like the only option would be an ATOM style mount (I could be completely wrong on this)

User Tag List