Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Larger window is nice, durability (and a sealed, enclosed emitter) is mandatory for a 24/7/365 optic IMO.
    Yup. That said, if the window screen is roughly half that of RMR, I would just stay with the irons.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    That link (which says it is Aimpoint's page for the Acro P-1) goes to random Aimpoint products.

Edited for clarity.
    Last edited by Drang; 06-08-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Name:  4E43D849-DCE7-4178-B566-57F29A513685.jpg
Views: 2373
Size:  52.4 KB
    Here’s a picture that will probably cost me money.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Now if H&K would just release their optics ready VP9 I'd consider jumping into the "MRDS on a pistol" fray with both feet.
    Aimpoint and Trijicon are the only two companies I trust to eventually crack the MRDS durability nut, and so far Trijicon is close but not quite there (the dual illuminated is there as far as durability but 24/7 usability is poor compared to a dot).

I bet the ACRO P-2 will be GTG.
    An optic ready 19X might be in the works.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

It makes perfect sense that this news would drop today. Last year the RMR Type 2 dropped the day after I mounted my RMR Type 1. I ended up selling that one off to go back to irons but really missed it and just got my RMR Type 2 in the mail yesterday. I probably should have told you guys this was coming. My bad.

That said, while it does look like it will offer some benefits over the RMR, I think the size (specifically the extra .8" of height) would cause concealment issues for me. For duty or gaming use it seems like a great new option.

I am going to be all over this.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    No
    Hopeful that pesky Dobbs fella will clarify things for us, that last post was way too wordy.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Hopeful that pesky Dobbs fella will clarify things for us, that last post was way too wordy.
    Well, I mean, it’s not like that link that Tom posted above actually does all that and answer the question or anything...

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    That link (which says it is Aimpoint's page for the Acro P-1) goes to random Aimpoint products.

Edited for clarity.
    As YVK posted, the link has been redirected to random Aimpoint products. It was working when I posted it, apologies for not copying the info over.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Yup. That said, if the window screen is roughly half that of RMR, I would just stay with the irons.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Name:  4E43D849-DCE7-4178-B566-57F29A513685.jpg
Views: 2373
Size:  52.4 KB
    Here’s a picture that will probably cost me money.
    Looking at that picture, unless that is a Glock 42, it sure looks bigger than half the display size of an RMR.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List