Page 17 of 134 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    for EDC/Duty, if it has typical Aimpoint quality/durability/battery life, it should obsolete the RMR.
    It will definitely compete. Doubtful that it will obsolete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post

I think as far as a duty rig. This should dominate the rmr 2. Concealed carry not so much. But I think making a good iwb for it should not be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I think as far as a duty rig. This should dominate the rmr 2. Concealed carry not so much. But I think making a good iwb for it should not be too hard.
    If a company is making a duty holster that os compatible out of the chute, it might.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Might work on chest/waist dimensions first, to open up more clothing options.
    I wouldn't have to do any of this if you stopped being so capricious and just told us what's your favorite SMF vest. And the color.

Looking at that FB video, I don't see this new AP as anything other than a duty / open carry / casual concealment optic. I am sure it will do very well in that role.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

If a company is making a duty holster that os compatible out of the chute, it might.

I've been staring at my 6360rds all morning, based on the specs I think it will fit.. Especially in the ALS only version. There's plenty of room for the optic cover to clear it, I just don't know if there's enough room for the SLS hood.

Regarding IWB options, it will work in any already cut for RDS. At least all mine are open from about mid-slide on back. I have JM, Harry's and Holster Co all are the same.

Here are the sizes compared, not sure if already posted:

Acro

L: 1.9

H: 1.2

W: 1.2

DPP

L: 1.82

H: 1.3

W: 1.3

RMR

L: 1.8

H: 1.0

W: 1.2

Hopefully the extra .08" in length is towards the rear of the slide, plenty of room there. If it's forward it might cause issues with ALS.

Site Supporter

How about a cold beer on that one year from the date it's available? It's going to outdo RMR on durability and optic quality for sure. I'm thinking that pricing will also be competitive and the initial feedback I've gotten has been of the character that they were stunned with the performance and that's from folks that I've not seen get excited about this stuff.

I've told folks this about this sight: It is 1947 and you're buying a fleet of combat airplanes. You can go out there and buy many excellent prop driven planes that just won WWII...or you can wait a few weeks and we'll sell you a jet!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    How about a cold beer on that one year from the date it's available? It's going to outdo RMR on durability and optic quality for sure. I'm thinking that pricing will also be competitive and the initial feedback I've gotten has been of the character that they were stunned with the performance and that's from folks that I've not seen get excited about this stuff.

I've told folks this about this sight: It is 1947 and you're buying a fleet of combat airplanes. You can go out there and buy many excellent prop driven planes that just won WWII...or you can wait a few weeks and we'll sell you a jet!
    I’d be down. To be honest, I’ve heard the same thing from everyone coming out with a new optic for the last 8 years. If I had a sample on hand, I can assure you, I would be footprinting it for future slide production and milling services (as I have no doubt it will sell)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post

I'm going to get a Gen5 G17, have Lane do a G19-length grip chop and texture, and then have ATEI mill the slide for the mounting plate. Put a P1 on it and practice all winter. Then shoot it at the spring First Responder class.

And I'll rock an S-1 on a LEFT-HANDED 870 in October. I "stole" another shotgun this week.

I'm really interested in this thing for CC. Who knows if it'll be worth a damn though.

Never heard of it before

https://www.eurooptic.com/55735-Doct...-VR-55735.aspx

P.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX5UKCmcaBQ

Shotgun oriented sight that has no windage or elevation adjustments. Next.
    Last edited by YVK; 08-05-2018 at 09:49 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List