Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1337

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Sig is local for me so it ended up being the easy option. Think I would have preferred Sage, as I’m trying to stand up a PMO program and that seems to be Cowen’s specialty, but the AARs I’ve seen for the Sig class have been largely positive.

@Sig_Fiend I chose rear iron dovetail in front of optic, which Maple said was as low as they could do without getting into the slide guts, plus I asked them to size the irons for a very low co-witness.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Sig is local for me so it ended up being the easy option. Think I would have preferred Sage, as I’m trying to stand up a PMO program and that seems to be Cowen’s specialty, but the AARs I’ve seen for the Sig class have been largely positive.

@Sig_Fiend I chose rear iron dovetail in front of optic, which Maple said was as low as they could do without getting into the slide guts, plus I asked them to size the irons for a very low co-witness.
    Having been through a lot of optic classes I rate Sig’s program as one of, if not the best overall, especially if Scott Reidy is teaching. We stole a bunch of their stuff (with credit).

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Having been through a lot of optic classes I rate Sig’s program as one of, if not the best overall, especially if Scott Reidy is teaching. We stole a bunch of their stuff (with credit).
    Thank you. Tt's good to know their PMO Instructor program is top tier, as while I've never been to a bad class of theirs, some have been only ok to decent, while others have been quite good. It has often just come down to the specific instructor, which is rarely advertised.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Got in a Brownells G34 ACRO cut slide. No rounds through it yet, but I mostly like what I see so far. The finish and machining quality appears quite good, especially considering the price ($280) vs. some competitors (most seem $350-500+ for any sort of optic cut). Edges like the slide "window" have a nice bevel to them. Fitment of internals was perfect (OEM striker assembly, Apex FPS and extractor, White Sound H.R.E.D., OEM barrel, OEM RSA). Looks like a promising option so far!

The cut is fairly deep, and the ACRO sits fairly low in the slide. That said, the one thing I don't quite like is there is quite a significant gap on all sides around the RDS. Underneath, I'd say a ~1-1.5mm gap. Behind, I'd say ~0.5mm, and in front maybe enough to stick a thin sheet of paper through. Not a huge deal, and obviously it's not going to have the same degree of fitment as a custom milled slide from ATEI or some of the other high-end providers. Either way, it appears noticeably lower than say a gen5 MOS setup.

Name:  20210711_194610_tn.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  50.5 KB

Name:  20210711_194644_tn.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  50.7 KB

Name:  20210711_194729_tn.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  49.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0112_tn2.jpg
Views: 771

Name:  20210711_195015_tn.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  24.0 KB
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Amen. Scott is good people, and a solid instructor. Their instructor level classes are very heavy on instructional methodology, too....unlike many other "instructor" classes. We brought them out for Lowlight Pistol Instructor as well, as we're revamping our lowlight shooting program. Justin is another solid Academy dude. The mothership corporation may give us all heartburn at times, but the Academy folks have been solid in our experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Either way, it appears noticeably lower than say a gen5 MOS setup.
    Curious what iron sights you decide to go with. I just had a slide milled and it looks about exactly the same depth as yours, Id like to find sights that sit as low as possible while still being usable.

any updates after shooting? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Got in a Brownells G34 ACRO cut slide. No rounds through it yet, but I mostly like what I see so far. The finish and machining quality appears quite good, especially considering the price ($280) vs. some competitors (most seem $350-500+ for any sort of optic cut). Edges like the slide "window" have a nice bevel to them. Fitment of internals was perfect (OEM striker assembly, Apex FPS and extractor, White Sound H.R.E.D., OEM barrel, OEM RSA). Looks like a promising option so far!

The cut is fairly deep, and the ACRO sits fairly low in the slide. That said, the one thing I don't quite like is there is quite a significant gap on all sides around the RDS. Underneath, I'd say a ~1-1.5mm gap. Behind, I'd say ~0.5mm, and in front maybe enough to stick a thin sheet of paper through. Not a huge deal, and obviously it's not going to have the same degree of fitment as a custom milled slide from ATEI or some of the other high-end providers. Either way, it appears noticeably lower than say a gen5 MOS setup.

Name:  20210711_194610_tn.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  50.5 KB

Name:  20210711_194644_tn.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  50.7 KB

Name:  20210711_194729_tn.jpg
Views: 763

Name:  DSC_0112_tn2.jpg
Views: 771

Name:  20210711_195015_tn.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  24.0 KB

Is the FCD MOS plate for the ACRO still considered to be the gold standard?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Is the FCD MOS plate for the ACRO still considered to be the gold standard?
    Isn’t that just the Tango Down plate?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Isn’t that just the Tango Down plate?
    Yes… with a pretty bird engraved on it.

User Tag List