Page 130 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1337

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

My 2¢ worth of opinion...

Irons Forward has one slight advantage in that the rear iron cannot obscure the dot in the window... Even with very low irons it is possible to hide the dot behind one of the ears with Irons Rear. As I said, it's a slight advantage.
    That said, with an enclosed emmiter like the ACRO, Irons Forward will move that giant box of RDS further back on the slide and potentially make concealment more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I can't speak for the ACRO itself, but I've shot a fair bit of open emitter and attended a three classes with well known RDS instructors.

From a marksmanship perspective, I have zero preference regarding forward or aft BUIS placement. Cowan, Jedi, Fisher, Pressburg, etc seem to have their very slight preference one way or the other, but I haven't seen across the board agreement.

I have both and maintain a slight preference for irons forward. It moves the optic back a bit, reducing the chance of ejected cases hitting the optic. This hasn't been a problem with my guns, but I've seen it on others. Also, Irons typically have sharp edges. Mounting them forward prevents them from poking holes in my cover garments. I imagine it's less of a problem with an enclosed emitter optic, and I assume not an issue if this is just going into a duty holster.

The shop I've used for milling also prefers irons forward on my P-07/09 because of the way CZ designs their factory rear sight dovetail. My shop will install a Glock dovetail instead of keeping the original CZ. He doesn't feel there is sufficient real estate behind the original Novak style (I think that's what they're called) dovetail to install the Glock dovetail and expect it to be durable. Mounting BUIS forward eliminates that problem. YMMV depending on what gun this is going on.

There's nothing earth shattering here. All personal preference.
    Rear sight location is definitely personal preference. The biggest advantage for me of a rear sight in front of the optic, is you don’t have a rear sight at the back of the slide tearing up your clothes and body.

Name:  5D151F4C-F3A9-4BB6-9C3F-9661A22DB7E3.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  42.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’ve never had a gun with sights forward, but as I sit here with this stupid ameriglo overhanging sight on the rear of my 48 MOS digging into my stomach, you have my interest peaked.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Rear sight location is definitely personal preference. The biggest advantage for me of a rear sight in front of the optic, is you don’t have a rear sight at the back of the slide tearing up your clothes and body.

Name:  5D151F4C-F3A9-4BB6-9C3F-9661A22DB7E3.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  42.9 KB

[QUOTE=David S.;1227401]I can't speak for the ACRO itself, but I've shot a fair bit of open emitter and attended a three classes with well known RDS instructors.

From a marksmanship perspective, I have zero preference regarding forward or aft BUIS placement. Cowan, Jedi, Fisher, Pressburg, etc seem to have their very slight preference one way or the other, but I haven't seen across the board agreement.

I have both and maintain a slight preference for irons forward. It moves the optic back a bit, reducing the chance of ejected cases hitting the optic. This hasn't been a problem with my guns, but I've seen it on others. Also, Irons typically have sharp edges. Mounting them forward prevents them from poking holes in my cover garments. I imagine it's less of a problem with an enclosed emitter optic, and I assume not an issue if this is just going into a duty holster.

The shop I've used for milling also prefers irons forward on my P-07/09 because of the way CZ designs their factory rear sight dovetail. My shop will install a Glock dovetail instead of keeping the original CZ. He doesn't feel there is sufficient real estate behind the original Novak style (I think that's what they're called) dovetail to install the Glock dovetail and expect it to be durable. Mounting BUIS forward eliminates that problem. YMMV depending on what gun this is going on.

There's nothing earth shattering here. All personal preference.[/QUOTE

Who is your shop for P07 milling? I just sent both of mine for RMR cuts at JW.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Who is your shop for P07 milling? I just sent both of mine for RMR cuts at JW.
    I have one gun that the previous owner said was milled by Cajun Gun Works. They milled it with an aft BUIS and no RMR bosses. If I knew at the time of purchase that it didn't have bosses, I'd have passed. I haven't had any problem with the optic losing zero but IIRC, I'm pretty close to full scale windage on that optic. I'm not sure if CGW has updated their process.

I have two other guns that were milled by Vulcan Machine Werks here in DFW. I've been very happy with his work and think he's on par with any of the better known shops.
    David S.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I prefer the sight to the rear of the optic in the conventional location because it doesn't impact the usability of the rear sight any. Moving it farther forward shrinks the window to the perspective of the shooter. It's not a deal breaker but it makes using the irons that little bit more difficult than it has to be, IMO.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Separate and intended for use on shoulder weapons.
    What kind of lens covers are they? Are they as beefy as the ones on the Micros and 30mms? Pondering if they'll stand up to Simunitions/UTMs.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I prefer the sight to the rear of the optic in the conventional location because it doesn't impact the usability of the rear sight any. Moving it farther forward shrinks the window to the perspective of the shooter. It's not a deal breaker but it makes using the irons that little bit more difficult than it has to be, IMO.
    I've got 6 with the iron forward. I haven't noticed it being any more difficult to shoot with the BUIS. You're just looking through the optic window

Is anyone besides ATEI milling 2.0 M&Ps for the ACRO?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar

We are back!

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @Wayne Dobbs setting my expectations low paid off, and you were indeed correct. Cr2032 and a brighter emitter for 50,000 hours on setting 6 of 10 plus aimpoint clarity has me pretty stoked.

@CS Tactical any idea on when you’ll have some available?

Last I heard was that they were shipping in August, I'll post here when they are in stock
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List