Page 114 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1165

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

  1. #1131
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Any idea on ballpark timeline for 2032 hoarding- this year, next year, etc...?
    I think the honest answer is not a single person knows.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  2. #1132
    Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    How are you guys liking the ACRO? Other then the battery life, any real issues to report? Of all the pistol optics available , there isn't much talk about the Acro lately. Thinking about pulling the trigger on one for my 19 MOS.

    Thanks.
    The ACRO is my first choice-FOR ME. Every sight has pluses and minuses. The minus for the ACRO is its battery life, as discussed in this forum. I am an enthusiast, and have a monthly battery change scheduled. Other than that, I am very pleased with it. With any “red dot” the mounting is critical, and must be monitored.
    I have over a year and a half with the ACRO, have shot it in competition, “qualified” on numerous evals with it, and taken courses with it. One must initially put in some work(with any red dot), but IMO it’s worth it.

  3. #1133
    What Safariland ALS RDS holster models are you guys using with the ACRO? Will the RMR or SRO models fit? We all know how user friendly the Safariland website is .

    Thanks

  4. #1134
    So is anyone running the ACRO right now? What is your setup and what is your opinion?

  5. #1135
    Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    What Safariland ALS RDS holster models are you guys using with the ACRO? Will the RMR or SRO models fit? We all know how user friendly the Safariland website is .

    Thanks
    The 6390RDS fit mine on an MOS plate. I don’t have an ACRO anymore but I’m certain it will not fit my 7390RDS for a G19/TLR7. The optics hood is both too small and shaped for an open emitter optic.

  6. #1136
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    So is anyone running the ACRO right now? What is your setup and what is your opinion?
    Not much to it. It's an Aimpoint on a pistol. Only downside is the shorter battery life, which is easily made up by how easy it is to swap; as I've argued before, I'd much rather change my ACRO battery every 2 weeks (pre-emptively) than change my RMR battery every 6 months, as with the RMR I am OCD enough that I always verify zero after it, which means wasting time, gas, and ammo to go to the range (not an issue if you trust your torque specs or witness marks enough). I find it a superior experience to my RMRs, and have the peace of mind knowing it's a sealed optic.

  7. #1137
    the RMR battery that came with my optic when it was delivered in October is still going strong, FWIW.

  8. #1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Not much to it. It's an Aimpoint on a pistol. Only downside is the shorter battery life, which is easily made up by how easy it is to swap; as I've argued before, I'd much rather change my ACRO battery every 2 weeks (pre-emptively) than change my RMR battery every 6 months, as with the RMR I am OCD enough that I always verify zero after it, which means wasting time, gas, and ammo to go to the range (not an issue if you trust your torque specs or witness marks enough). I find it a superior experience to my RMRs, and have the peace of mind knowing it's a sealed optic.
    The other major benefit, IMO, is the mounting method. No longer having to deal with finicky and weak screws, specific torque measurements, etc. Also, not needing extra holes drilled and tapped in the slide, no sealing or extra adapter plates, etc.
    “Ammo in the gun = Time in the fight.” -Paul Gomez
    “It's a shame HK isn't providing adult supervision to SIG” -JonInWA

    Co-Founder of TexasGunTalk

  9. #1139
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    So is anyone running the ACRO right now? What is your setup and what is your opinion?
    I have 4 ACROs, two on Beretta APXs and two on revolvers. For revolvers I think it's the best optic, since the closed emitter keeps crud from the cylinder gap from fouling the dot.
    I shot the PX4 before it was cool.

  10. #1140
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    The 6390RDS fit mine on an MOS plate. I don’t have an ACRO anymore but I’m certain it will not fit my 7390RDS for a G19/TLR7. The optics hood is both too small and shaped for an open emitter optic.
    Is your holster specific to the TLR7 light? I have a 7390RDS, but it’s their universal light fit that will accommodate an X300 or TLR1. I’d love a shorter holster for the TLR7.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •