Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109
Results 1,081 to 1,089 of 1089

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Optics Planet tends to pop up near the top, when using search engines, which probably means that just about everybody and his dog are on their back-order/wait-list.

Or if you do a quick search youíll find out that OP sells items that they donít have in stock and makes unrealistic ETAís...

Well, I received a replacement ACRO due to some debris that had gotten behind the sacrificial front lens on one of my sights. It's the new revision; no noticeably different tint on one hand, and the adjustment clicks are extremely positive, like clicking a decent dive watch bezel. The mounting pattern seems to have changed slightly, mostly for skeletonization, it seems. It's a much tighter fit on the recoil lug it seems, enough that I had thought that my adapter was going to need to be modified, but I just had to put some actual force into pushing it in place.

You can see the original mounting here:

Here's what I got in the mail today:
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 10-25-2019 at 05:07 PM.

I just came back from five days of elk hunting in Montana. It was epic cold for October, down to -9F this morning without accounting for the wind. We also had multiple days of snow and wind to 50 mph. I carried a G45 lower with a 19 MOS upper and an Acro. I canít imagine another available pistol that I would have used on this hunt.

What I didnít do was shoot the Acro at anything or leave the pistol and optic out in the snow. However, I carried it ever day in a JM appendix holster, and the new battery did fine and the dot was always there when I looked at it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ...It was epic cold for October, down to -9F this morning without accounting for the wind. We also had multiple days of snow and wind to 50 mph...
    Damn Global Warming.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

I just came back from five days of elk hunting in Montana. It was epic cold for October, down to -9F this morning without accounting for the wind. We also had multiple days of snow and wind to 50 mph. I carried a G45 lower with a 19 MOS upper and an Acro. I canít imagine another available pistol that I would have used on this hunt.

What I didnít do was shoot the Acro at anything or leave the pistol and optic out in the snow. However, I carried it ever day in a JM appendix holster, and the new battery did fine and the dot was always there when I looked at it.
    This reinforces why I shouldnít post when tired ó I meant to say:

.... imagine another pistol optic I would have used on this hunt...

This reinforces why I shouldnít post when tired ó I meant to say:

.... imagine another pistol optic I would have used on this hunt...
    So did you kill an elk?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    So did you kill an elk?
    I did. Passed on a number of 5x5 and smaller 6x6 bulls, and with the below zero weather settling in, shot a cow elk for better meat while being nice to the male/female ratio of that area. Used my Pre 64 based .300WM and one Barnes 180 grain cartridge.

I did. Passed on a number of 5x5 and smaller 6x6 bulls, and with the below zero weather settling in, shot a cow elk for better meat while being nice to the male/female ratio of that area. Used my Pre 64 based .300WM and one Barnes 180 grain cartridge.
    Perfect.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Rain and mud caused our USPSA match to be cancelled. With rain threatening here, my wife and I decided to do a longer hike. I left the 43X/RMSc at home, and grabbed the Acro on a G4 19. It was off in the safe, turned it on, dot looked fine and we headed out. Part way on the hike, I pulled the Acro and the dot was very dim. Adjusting intensity, it was clear the battery was failing. Replaced it at home, but this is very un-Aimpoint performance. I sure hope they have an Acro with a bigger battery at SHOT.

User Tag List