Page 108 of 134 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1337

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Still waiting on my July order from Optics Planet with no updates... Is there any word on what is going on with supply?

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Still waiting on my July order from Optics Planet with no updates... Is there any word on what is going on with supply?
    Optics Planet tends to pop up near the top, when using search engines, which probably means that just about everybody and his dog are on their back-order/wait-list.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Optics Planet tends to pop up near the top, when using search engines, which probably means that just about everybody and his dog are on their back-order/wait-list.
    As already discussed in this thread, the initial lot of ACROs were imported and released Aimpoint identified some issues they wanted to correct via inline changes.

Apparently those changes have been implemented to their satisfaction and they have brought in another batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post

Or if you do a quick search you’ll find out that OP sells items that they don’t have in stock and makes unrealistic ETA’s...

Well, I received a replacement ACRO due to some debris that had gotten behind the sacrificial front lens on one of my sights. It's the new revision; no noticeably different tint on one hand, and the adjustment clicks are extremely positive, like clicking a decent dive watch bezel. The mounting pattern seems to have changed slightly, mostly for skeletonization, it seems. It's a much tighter fit on the recoil lug it seems, enough that I had thought that my adapter was going to need to be modified, but I just had to put some actual force into pushing it in place.

You can see the original mounting here:

Here's what I got in the mail today:
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 10-25-2019 at 04:07 PM.

I just came back from five days of elk hunting in Montana. It was epic cold for October, down to -9F this morning without accounting for the wind. We also had multiple days of snow and wind to 50 mph. I carried a G45 lower with a 19 MOS upper and an Acro. I can’t imagine another available pistol that I would have used on this hunt.

What I didn’t do was shoot the Acro at anything or leave the pistol and optic out in the snow. However, I carried it ever day in a JM appendix holster, and the new battery did fine and the dot was always there when I looked at it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ...It was epic cold for October, down to -9F this morning without accounting for the wind. We also had multiple days of snow and wind to 50 mph...
    Damn Global Warming.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

I just came back from five days of elk hunting in Montana. It was epic cold for October, down to -9F this morning without accounting for the wind. We also had multiple days of snow and wind to 50 mph. I carried a G45 lower with a 19 MOS upper and an Acro. I can’t imagine another available pistol that I would have used on this hunt.

What I didn’t do was shoot the Acro at anything or leave the pistol and optic out in the snow. However, I carried it ever day in a JM appendix holster, and the new battery did fine and the dot was always there when I looked at it.
    This reinforces why I shouldn’t post when tired — I meant to say:

.... imagine another pistol optic I would have used on this hunt...

Site Supporter
    This reinforces why I shouldn’t post when tired — I meant to say:

.... imagine another pistol optic I would have used on this hunt...
    So did you kill an elk?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    So did you kill an elk?
    I did. Passed on a number of 5x5 and smaller 6x6 bulls, and with the below zero weather settling in, shot a cow elk for better meat while being nice to the male/female ratio of that area. Used my Pre 64 based .300WM and one Barnes 180 grain cartridge.

User Tag List