Page 107 of 134 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1337

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    M&P. He commented how much he likes the Beretta, but believes optics are the future, hence something different than the LTT.

My understanding is that the only main difference is the elevation and windage adjustments have more tension.
    Re That Guy, when he & his element were down there in June, he was using a M&P with a RDS - though something else then.

Hammertime
    M&P. He commented how much he likes the Beretta, but believes optics are the future, hence something different than the LTT.
    I find it interesting that the ability to host an optic is becoming more important than anything else about a pistol for some very experienced shooters.

I love Berettas.... did some things with my M9A1 that I’m very proud of. Used a Beretta on duty for several years . The Beretta and 1911 are my two emotional favorites... by far.

That all said I’m running M&P 2.0s right now (like Randy). I have two LE CORE models with RMRs that I shoot primarily unless I have to teach with an iron sight gun. Then it’s my 5” 2.0 9mm. My EDC carry gun is my 2.0 Compact 4”, and hopefully soon I’ll be running an optic (one of the COREs) on and off duty.

This is pretty much unanimous for our unit’s top guys (with different optics... RMRs with over 35,000 rounds and Leupold DPPs with over 25,000 rounds, and many others), and it’s for good reason. We have around (actually well over because we stopped counting a couple weeks ago...being conservative) 180,000 rounds through optic-equipped pistols. That doesn’t include the formal testing conducted (very professionally) by our partners with a different letter in their acronym.

I think pistol optics can be improved, and that will come, but they are here and they are good. We’re about to see a big market shift.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I love Berettas.... did some things with my M9A1 that I’m very proud of. Used a Beretta on duty for several years . The Beretta and 1911 are my two emotional favorites... by far.

That all said I’m running M&P 2.0s right now (like Randy). I have two LE CORE models with RMRs that I shoot primarily unless I have to teach with an iron sight gun. Then it’s my 5” 2.0 9mm. My EDC carry gun is my 2.0 Compact 4”, and hopefully soon I’ll be running an optic (one of the COREs) on and off duty.

This is pretty much unanimous for our unit’s top guys (with different optics... RMRs with over 35,000 rounds and Leupold DPPs with over 25,000 rounds, and many others), and it’s for good reason. We have around (actually well over because we stopped counting a couple weeks ago...being conservative) 180,000 rounds through optic-equipped pistols. That doesn’t include the formal testing conducted (very professionally) by our partners with a different letter in their acronym.

I think pistol optics can be improved, and that will come, but they are here and they are good. We’re about to see a big market shift.
    Thank you for All of that! Looking forward to reading the LAPD data, research, report.

I am interested in learning more about these unicorn DP Pro units going more than 25,000 rounds.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Thank you for All of that! Looking forward to reading the LAPD data, research, report.
    Erick, do you know if there are plans to release the report to the public?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I am interested in learning more about these unicorn DP Pro units going more than 25,000 rounds.
    It is the replacement for one that broke at 10,000. It has a cracked window (since around 18,000 rounds) but still tuns fine. That said, we have somewhere around 20+ RMRs in use, including that one with over 35K and none of them have broken. We broke three out of five or six DPPs... one at ~500 rounds, one at 1,800, and the aforementioned at 10,000.

Interesting. Between my wife and I, and just three friends, we have broken right at 50 Pros in the last 18 months.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    A few Acros shipping in for those looking for one
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

I brought a Acro equipped Glock to the range this morning, to verify zero, as I will be bringing it on an upcoming elk hunt. Somewhat lower sun angle, and the Acro had an annoying reflection competing with the red dot. I have seen this with the RMR, DP Pro and SRO, but in this instance the thing was clear in color but still distracting.

User Tag List