Page 102 of 134 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1337

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Who is everyone using for ACRO slide cuts?

Aeti? L&M for ATOM adapter? Jaegerworks? Saurez?
    I used Vulcan Machine Works here in Texas. Excellent guy, very fast turn-around.

David S recommended him to me.

Are you guys using threadlocker of any sort on the crossbolt to mount the ACRO to the slide or adapter plate? I took my ACRO off my MOS slide after just over 1,000 rounds to make sure my adapter plate is sitting still (it is, thankfully), and I can't recall whether or not I needed to apply threadlocker to the crossbolt during my last install.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Are you guys using threadlocker of any sort on the crossbolt to mount the ACRO to the slide or adapter plate? I took my ACRO off my MOS slide after just over 1,000 rounds to make sure my adapter plate is sitting still (it is, thankfully), and I can't recall whether or not I needed to apply threadlocker to the crossbolt during my last install.
    I have 12.9 grade McMaster-Carr torx screws for the MOS plate torqued to 15 in/lbs with Vibratite VC3. The ACRO crossbolt also has Vibratite VC3 applied and torqued to 26 in/lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    I have 12.9 grade McMaster-Carr torx screws for the MOS plate torqued to 15 in/lbs with Vibratite VC3. The ACRO crossbolt also has Vibratite VC3 applied and torqued to 26 in/lbs.
    Thanks, I went ahead and gave my ACRO crossbolt a tiny bit of VC3 to be extra safe.

Can anyone that has been carrying a pistol with a ACRO for some time now comment on how well it conceals?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Can anyone that has been carrying a pistol with a ACRO for some time now comment on how well it conceals?
    It is pistol, holster, garment and body specific. The good news is it looks more like a mail box than a pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I used Vulcan Machine Works here in Texas. Excellent guy, very fast turn-around.

David S recommended him to me.
    What was the time frame? Less than two months or more?

Was under two months for me. That was 6 months ago.

Shoot him a message on FB/IG. He's responsive.
    David S.

I've had Jagerwerks mill two glock slides for RMR's. Both came back in a week, I didn't spec refinishing, though. I wouldn't expect the ACRO milling to be more complicated

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It is pistol, holster, garment and body specific. The good news is it looks more like a mail box than a pistol.
    Well I get that and have that understanding down.

I guess I should have clarified better.

What difference does the ACRO present when using the same overall gear and garments?

I would assume some people are using the same gear with the only difference is they now are carrying a ACRO equipped gun.

User Tag List