Page 106 of 134 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1337

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, if the planets line-up just right, I will soon take delivery of a pre-owned ACRO P-1, mounted on a matching ATEI’ed Gen5 G45 slide.

I had thought about waiting for ACRO v. 2, but the opportunity to try pre-owned, for a lower price, was the push I needed to act now. Plus, unless the footprint changes, I will already have a nice slide, when a v. 2 is launched.
    The slide, and the installed ACRO P-1, have arrived. First impressions are favorable. I put the slide onto my G19x frame.

Dry-sighting and dry-fire only, thus far.

Finally, A rear sight that will not rasp holes in things! (ACRO P-1 has kinder, gentler edges, and the ATEI sight leaf is forward of the optic.)
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-03-2019 at 02:01 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Battery life issues aside, are there any defects to the Acro? Does it hold zero? Does it stay secure on its mount? Are there dimensional differences between individual Acro units that would make it impossible to share one Acro among several pistols using either individually milled slides or mounting plates?

A number of the SoCal LE guys at the Gunsite Alumni match had switched from LTT 92s to thing that mount an Acro. They like them but are doing battery conservation measures, like turning them off when not on duty carrying them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Let’s not downplay the fact that the guy who was running the ACRO and won the Cooper Cup very well may have won It with the LTT (he had before), and that he’s VERY happy with his ACRO. He also really likes his LTT!

He was also shooting with a one-month-old broken left arm and a hamstring that has decided to detach from his leg at some point which will require surgery. I’d mess with him and say I hope he’s a better shooter than mountain bike rider but he’s certainly a better bike rider and very possibly a better shooter than me... even when broken.

The ACRO isn’t perfect, but the cost of batteries and a replacement schedule aren’t a dealbreaker for it’s features in other ways. One day it will be obsolete but right now it is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Let’s not downplay the fact that the guy who was running the ACRO and won the Cooper Cup very well may have won It with the LTT (he had before), and that he’s VERY happy with his ACRO. He also really likes his LTT!

He was also shooting with a one-month-old broken left arm and a hamstring that has decided to detach from his leg at some point which will require surgery. I’d mess with him and say I hope he’s a better shooter than mountain bike rider but he’s certainly a better bike rider and very possibly a better shooter than me... even when broken.

The ACRO isn’t perfect, but the cost of batteries and a replacement schedule aren’t a dealbreaker for it’s features in other ways. One day it will be obsolete but right now it is an option.
    Randy is a terrific shooter, and I suspect he could win the Cooper Cub with about anything. Really says something about the Acro that he is carrying one.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Randy is a terrific shooter, and I suspect he could win the Cooper Cub with about anything. Really says something about the Acro that he is carrying one.
    What host is he using for the Acro?

Since they are shipping again, anyone have both old and new ACRO's that can cliff's the new modifications?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Since they are shipping again, anyone have both old and new ACRO's that can cliff's the new modifications?
    Who is shipping them? I just checked the usual places, with no luck, seeing either “out of stock,” or shipping expected in something like seven to something-teen days.

I got mine very recently, but it was second-hand, so, presumably “old.” I am liking it, though not as much as I had hoped, as the dot is more subject to my minor astigmatism than I had hoped.

I don’t really want to remove this one from the ATEI-ed slide, so would like to get another ACRO P-1, to try on a different weapon, probably something I shoot more-consistently better than a Glock.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-07-2019 at 10:41 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    What host is he using for the Acro?
    M&P. He commented how much he likes the Beretta, but believes optics are the future, hence something different than the LTT.

My understanding is that the only main difference is the elevation and windage adjustments have more tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Who is shipping them? I just checked the usual places, with no luck, seeing either “out of stock,” or shipping expected in something like seven to something-teen days.

I got mine very recently, but it was second-hand, so, presumably “old.” I am liking it, though not as much as I had hoped, as the dot is more subject to my minor astigmatism than I had hoped.

I don’t really want to remove this one from the ATEI-ed slide, so would like to get another ACRO P-1, to try on a different weapon, probably something I shoot more-consistently better than a Glock.
    I know of a few guys who have new ones just shipped. Just wanted to see if anyone here has direct experience
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List