Page 83 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    Has anyone mounted one on an X5? I ordered the m17 plate since mine is milled for a Delta point and the only way the acro will mount flush is backwards.. if I flip the plate the screw holes don't line up.

Aimpoint had no clue what I was talking about and couldn't get past the fact my X5 was milled for a DP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't had one in hand so I'm not sure just what I'm looking at, but since this is something I'd like to try on my DPP cut Pro models:

Is the ACRO attached as intended in your photos and the issue is that, as attached, the optic overhangs the optic cut and is forward on the slide? Or can the optic not make it all the way onto the adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I haven't had one in hand so I'm not sure just what I'm looking at, but since this is something I'd like to try on my DPP cut Pro models:

Is the ACRO attached as intended in your photos and the issue is that, as attached, the optic overhangs the optic cut and is forward on the slide? Or can the optic not make it all the way onto the adapter?
    So the plate only has one cutout for the cross bolt on the ACRO. So you can't slide it in, the cross bolt just fits in the cutout of the plate. It either is mounted with the correct orientation and has the huge overhang or is flush with the plate and is backwards on the slide.

The plate can't be flipped around because the screw holes only line up one way. Here's a photo of what I'm trying to explain.

I ran a Glock 19 with ACRO quite a bit at an indoor range yesterday. Started out working from ready pistol just firing one shot at a time. Worked on picking up the dot and then trying to catch a follow-up sight picture. I then progressed to 2 and 3 shots from the holster and then firing and transferring to a different target.

Overall, I like the ACRO but would like to see the brightness controls either relocated and/or recessed some into the sight. The way they are now they are a bit easy to press or bump accidentally while working the slide. I'd also like to see the hood extend a bit fore and aft to help keep from touching the lenses accidentally.

The enclosed linear shape of the ACRO probably helps align the pistol on target using something like the Cirillo Index.

It will be interesting to see how the ACRO does against the new Trijicon SRO. I like the idea of the sealed unit. But I also like the idea of the big round window.

Anyway, I think Aimpoint might do well to market the ACRO as a "universal" optic. One that will work for pistol or rifle or shotgun. Try to make the case to an agency or department that this one optic works well on all these weapons.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EJO View Post
    I did not ask. I just asked if she had any in stock today and she said no but would put me on the list. She made it sound like it wouldn’t be long.
    I spoke to her yesterday and put my name on the list. It sounded like they’d have their next shipment in a week or so.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I spoke to her yesterday and put my name on the list. It sounded like they’d have their next shipment in a week or so.
    That is great! I hope they get enough in to cover the waiting list.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Did Ashley say if they ever received any initially, or are they still waiting for their first shipment?
    I got mine from Strohman's. Order was placed 2/13 and I received it last Monday.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I did the same on 05/09.

Name:  A5B9A712-86E6-4067-B773-E6D9CB3380A2.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  38.3 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Name:  A5B9A712-86E6-4067-B773-E6D9CB3380A2.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  38.3 KB
    Details please? Who did the work on this? It looks more like they re-shaped the slide than cut anything deeper.
    Last edited by Tod-13; 05-17-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Primary Machine. My slide, their picture, and I should it get it back next week.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List