Page 66 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

PS: if anyone wants to know what a Gila monster sounds like:

http://www.desertmuseum.org/books/au...la_monster.mp3
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

GJM, off topic but is the HB worth it or roll your own?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Very cool (and a bit unnerving).

It occurs to me that Stormy Daniels is very lucky she’s never been shot. Me, I don’t think I’d be able to differentiate between her expressions of ecstasy and the Gila Monster’s war cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    GJM, off topic but is the HB worth it or roll your own?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I think it is, but for more limited use than a “regular” .300 BLK, which I define as an eight to nine inch BCM/AAC or equivalent. I really like .300 as with the Barnes 110 supersonic I think it has potential for bears, it is not much different than a 16 inch 5.56 in noise, and they have been reliable for me.

The Honey Badger is so much smaller and lighter than a regular .300 BLK that it feels in a whole different class. The negative associated with that is it is very snappy to shoot compared to a regular .300, so I would not use it to take a class or for lots of shooting. However, the smaller size and weight means you can more easily hike with it, and store it in very ordinary luggage, like this Mystery Ranch bag I use for travel. The components are high quality, so the premium seems reasonable, especially considering its size.

Name:  47D60F8B-2075-47FF-97A1-A11C962904DE.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  45.6 KB

Popping the G45 out of my George after we landed, the first thing I noticed was the “ALS Nub” that I installed yesterday, interfered with the ALS operation, and I had to awkwardly push on it, and return it manually as the ALS didn’t spring back. (I removed it back home, and the holster is working properly again, so I would carefully check fit and function if you use the Nub.)
    On newer manufactured Safariland holsters be had to smooth down the area around the ALS for the nub (all 2019 orders, previous 2018 and earlier I didn’t have too). It appears to be just a little excess/unfinished material around and under the nub. A couple swipes with some sandpaper fixed it on all of my newest production ones. I’ve also run the new SLS/ALS one I had to fix with the nub through Gabe’s class and then ran a newer ALS one I model I fixed through Advanced Instructor Range Master course.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    On newer manufactured Safariland holsters be had to smooth down the area around the ALS for the nub (all 2019 orders, previous 2018 and earlier I didn’t have too). It appears to be just a little excess/unfinished material around and under the nub. A couple swipes with some sandpaper fixed it on all of my newest production ones. I’ve also run the new SLS/ALS one I had to fix with the nub through Gabe’s class and then ran a newer ALS one I model I fixed through Advanced Instructor Range Master course.
    Thanks for this, will mod mine.

At the range this afternoon, spent a few minutes shooting the Acro. Continue to be impressed.

Thought I would try some one hand shooting with it:

Then I shot five inch steel with it at 30 yards:

Really looking forward to getting my VP9 back from being direct milled by Primary Machine for the Acro. I would love to see Glock do a special run of 19X pistols, but modified so the slide is direct milled for the Acro and shipped with a cover plate, Ameriglo BOLD sights of the proper height to back up the Acro, and the magwell either in the form of a G45 or modified so all magazines, including Gen 5 mags, work.

Sounds just like my date to the senior prom.

Probably looks very similar as well.

In 40+ years of Arizona living I’ve seen two Gila Monsters in the wild. I’ve never heard them make any noise but I don’t think the ones I saw felt threatened.

They are slow moving and while they’re venomous their venom drips from their back teeth and they bite and hold like a KNPV Malinois. If you gotten bit by a Gila Monster you probably picked it up.

It’s an achievement to unlock to see one in the desert.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Does Ben Avery count? I've seen two there in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Does Ben Avery count? I've seen two there in 20 years.
    Ha! That's a trip. Never seen one there. I saw one Gila monster and one beaded dragon in my Boy Scouts days a very long time ago. Both were in the White Tanks area where I hike a lot these days. The dragon hissed a little bit IIRC, but no noise from the Gila.

But now I'm curious to hear this from Stormy Daniels lol. Don't think I've ever seen/heard one of her "movies"

User Tag List