Page 89 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Tho one pictured above is a G19MOS top end on a G45 frame...I like it.
    ... that’s exactly what I would be doing with mine. I figure I can swap back and forth as desired.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’m committed. Baggie started with parts for a new 19.5 MOS...

I need to read back through the thread, but what are we thinking about C-1 vs P-1 for holster gun use? I haven’t noticed prices on the C-1, and the differences seem minor and unimportant for my use.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rc217 View Post
    If it is the OR version your stock sights won’t clear it. You can order a p09 front eighth from Dawson’s that is tall enough to clear the optic. You won’t be able to find a rear sight yet, but I found that using the tall front alone, and keeping the stock rear sight, you can still get an acceptable backup sight picture out to the 25 (as far as I went because I was having fun shooting with the dot on instead of off)
    Can you provide some more detail, or better yet, a link?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Can you provide some more detail, or better yet, a link?
    Ha, sorry that was auto-correct. I’m using the p09 front SIGHT from dawsons’s precision. I ordered the .400 tall fiber optic front sight and installed it on the p10c. I was able to get a usable point of reference on a dpp and acro. It is taller than I need for the acro though.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    ... that’s exactly what I would be doing with mine. I figure I can swap back and forth as desired.

That was my thought as well.

Picked up a 45 MOS yesterday. Figured I can play slide swapper with my 19.5 frame. I have an Acro inbound, just need to order the MOS plate and the GL-429 sights. Had an RMR in the safe, so I figured I'd mount it for dry fire until I get the Acro sorted.

Historically, I've greatly preferred the 19 over 17 due to the finger grooves, but I must say the Gen 5 full frame without grooves feels fantastic. Much easier for me out of the holster. I'll have to see if I can conceal it along with the Acro. I've carried a 17 without issue before, but the Gen5 flared magwell presents a challenge.

Last edited by StraitR; 05-26-2019 at 12:54 PM.

I got to the range for the first time today with the Acro Primary Machine direct milled on the VP9. It was almost dead on out of the box, and required only an adjustment of one inch at 25 yards. Here are some of my first shots after zeroing it. The VP9/Acro is an ideal timmie combination.

I got shoot the Acro support hand at eight inch steel at 25 yards, end of my session, because it was the dot that was still running.

Went out this morning and zeroed my G45/19MOS w ACRO...

Name:  7F0BDD2C-63D3-4497-86B2-6391945A3D86.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  42.7 KB

I’m not really a bullseye guy but damn...this thing shoots. It’s the best 10 round B8 I’ve ever shot supported on the bed rail of my truck (95-2x). My previous best with my primary 1911 was a 89-3x. I put about 300 rounds through this today mainly doing presentations at 10 yards with one shot. My times were in the 1.5 to 1.7 range, at that distance for an A zone hit I’m usually in the 1.2-1.4 range on an average day. The dot seems to be adding approx .3 to my draws, not bad for my first time out with a dot and a brand new holster as well. The ACRO was easy to track on Bill drills, I barley lost the dot during recoil with an average grip and when I bore down on the gun it staid within the window during the strings. I think with some work I should be able to get my presentations down to being equal with irons...this setup also shoots very soft.
    Last edited by TCB; 05-29-2019 at 07:49 PM.

At that distance, the dot should be equal or faster. Any idea where you are losing time?

It may have something to to with the brand new holster as well...it’s been a long time since I’ve run a OWB kydex concealment type holster. It rides much higher and closer to my body than both my duty and competition rigs. I should have both duty and competition holsters along in a few weeks so I’ll be able to make a better determination on the draw speed difference.

It was also basically the first time I’ve ever shot a pistol mounted dot...(other than just a couple rounds here and there over the years) and definitely the first time with one from a holster. I think I’ll be able to shave that .3 off pretty quickly with some dry fire. Between that and trusting the input my eyes are getting (the dot is there dumbass...press the trigger) I should be able to get up to speed (pun intended) shortly. Once these are authorized for duty carry I can foresee a future where the only pistols I have without dots are my 1911’s that I use for SS division.
    Last edited by TCB; 05-29-2019 at 08:56 PM.

User Tag List