Page 118 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1337

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Fwiw, teaching a couple classes this week (PMO & Low Light) ... demo'd a failure to extract / stuck case stoppage clearance today. Needed something to rack the slide off of to clear the case from the chamber.

I racked the slide with the face of the Acro impacting an angled piece of armor plate. Here's the front of the Acro:

Name:  IMG_8228.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  33.5 KB

I'm still happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Fwiw, teaching a couple classes this week (PMO & Low Light) ... demo'd a failure to extract / stuck case stoppage clearance today. Needed something to rack the slide off of to clear the case from the chamber.

I racked the slide with the face of the Acro impacting an angled piece of armor plate. Here's the front of the Acro:

Name:  IMG_8228.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  33.5 KB

I'm still happy with it.
    Wow, two Aaron Cowan classes and now you're breaking optics.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Lol this is what happens when you watch way too many Sage Dynamics reviews

I've always thought that using your optic to clear a malfunction was inherently risky regardless of how durable the optic is purported to be. In a competition environment, there is probably a 0% chance I'd personally do that. I'm not qualified to speak about that from a tactical perspective though.
    Also my initial thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Wow, two Aaron Cowan classes and now you're breaking optics.
    But did it break?

😎

But did it break?

😎
    Note to self, if anywhere near Echo Golf when a stoppage occurs, quietly and quickly holster like your (optic’s) life depends on it!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    But did it break?

😎
    Actually, question on this - the portion where there's a ding in the metal looks to be a malleable sacrificial shield to keep the impacts from hitting a main housing. Is it really a separate component, or is it just a large uni-body type thing going on there at the dividing line?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Note to self, if anywhere near Echo Golf when a stoppage occurs, quietly and quickly holster like your (optic’s) life depends on it!
    B) ... I'm still laughing at this. And, it's even better coming from you - with the number of optics you've broken.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Actually, question on this - the portion where there's a ding in the metal looks to be a malleable sacrificial shield to keep the impacts from hitting a main housing. Is it really a separate component, or is it just a large uni-body type thing going on there at the dividing line?
    The dings are on what looks to be an outer housing. Iirc, the very front window/lens is a sacrificial one.

B) ... I'm still laughing at this. And, it's even better coming from you - with the number of optics you've broken.

The dings are on what looks to be an outer housing. Iirc, the very front window/lens is a sacrificial one.
    Sport use vs. lethal weapons use is a very different thing. If you live, everything is gravy.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Just received my second ACRO. Got both second-hand. Traded my 509T for this one. Right out of the box I appreciate the clear glass and crisp dot. The blue tint/notch filter on the 509T was driving me nuts in different lighting conditions. The 509T fishbowl magnification/distortion was unfavorable for me as well.

I will still probably buy a new improved version of the ACRO whenever it becomes available.

Saw the following screenshot posted recently (I’m not on IG), supposedly showing a yet to be released Acro. Does this look like it uses a different/improved battery?Name:  CEA9E2AB-6945-4406-B278-72382783C96C.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  51.4 KB
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List