Page 117 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1337

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    All tips, pics and recommendations for plates and sights for the Glock MOS system is appreciated. This is my first dive into a red dot.
    I've beeb using the Aimpoint plate on my carry gun since I got the optic. With tens of thousands of rounds on the gun with the optic mounted there have been zero issues.

Glock's MOS plates are dogshit.

For the Acro I'd use either the Aimpoint plate, the C&H Precision plate, or the Forward Controls Design plate. I have experience with all three and they're all solid.
    3/15/2016

Thanks for the tips everyone!

If I put an acro on a gun I’m not carrying regularly, can I turn the optic off to save battery or will the battery drain even when off?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    If I put an acro on a gun I’m not carrying regularly, can I turn the optic off to save battery or will the battery drain even when off?
    Turning the optic off to save battery will greatly prolong the battery life. Unless your optic is defective, the ACRO experiences minimal parasitic drain

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I've beeb using the Aimpoint plate on my carry gun since I got the optic. With tens of thousands of rounds on the gun with the optic mounted there have been zero issues.

Glock's MOS plates are dogshit.

For the Acro I'd use either the Aimpoint plate, the C&H Precision plate, or the Forward Controls Design plate. I have experience with all three and they're all solid.
    Tango Down is good-to-go as well... I believe the Forward Controls plate is a rebranded Tango Down.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Tango Down is good-to-go as well... I believe the Forward Controls plate is a rebranded Tango Down.
    other way round. Forward Control Design's is the designer and manufacturer of the Tango Down plate. Also the Aimpoint plate is made by Brugger and Thomet.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    other way round. Forward Control Design's is the designer and manufacturer of the Tango Down plate. Also the Aimpoint plate is made by Brugger and Thomet.
    They better change their web page then because FCD says their plate is a rebranded Tango Down in their OPF-17 description.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    They better change their web page then because FCD says their plate is a rebranded Tango Down in their OPF-17 description.
    You are correct I had it reversed. They just brand it as the tango down one existed already and they have a good relationship. They do make their RMR and DPP plates though.

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_0429.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  28.1 KB

Girlfriend ran a run n gun over the weekend - this guy had a stuck case, racked his Acro off his holster, and popped the front lens out and shattered the rear lens on his P10.

I still have no clue how that happened on a holster. I'm interested to see if this is a long-term thing or a once and done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Name:  IMG_0429.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  28.1 KB

Girlfriend ran a run n gun over the weekend - this guy had a stuck case, racked his Acro off his holster, and popped the front lens out and shattered the rear lens on his P10.

I still have no clue how that happened on a holster. I'm interested to see if this is a long-term thing or a once and done deal.
    Lol this is what happens when you watch way too many Sage Dynamics reviews

I've always thought that using your optic to clear a malfunction was inherently risky regardless of how durable the optic is purported to be. In a competition environment, there is probably a 0% chance I'd personally do that. I'm not qualified to speak about that from a tactical perspective though.

User Tag List