Page 86 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Okay so 3k round thoughts on ACRO mounted on Gen 5 34 MOS:

I ran several different types of ammo today for a total of 500 rounds (200 rounds of Fiocchi 124 grain, 150 rounds of Federal Syntech 150 grain, and 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 124 grain.) The rest of the ammo shot through the gun has been a majority of 124 grain American Eagle with a mix of more Syntech 150 grain, 147 grain HST, and 135 grain +P Critical duty.

To give a baseline of performance of how I shoot with the ACRO I will break down some recent results on drills and compare them to results with irons I remember.
    Specifically today I shot the following drills:

1. 5 yard round up- 98 on the first attempt I rushed on freestyle and shanked a strong hand round. Second time I cleaned it. With irons I have shot this clean and high 90’s at times having most issues with weak hand. I definitely feel my accuracy strong hand and weak hand only with the dot feedback has improved and my times have gotten faster/comparable with irons but more consistent accuracy.

2. Langdon’s 6 in 5 drill- I started at 10 yards cleaned it back to back and then went to 15 yards I dropped one shot first two attempts but then cleaned it. After the clean run at 15 I went to 20 yards and cleaned it twice under par (I was pushing speed at 15 that was par with 10 yard times, I need to get off the gas a bit). (I shot this on a TxT target so 8” circle as the A zone)

3. Langdons All Hands Drill- After messing up first go with getting too ricky bobby during the reload stage and shooting six after the reload, I got my head out of my butt and shot a 16.71 clean run on it. (I shot this on a TxT target so 8” circle as the A zone)

This past week I shot the ACRO Glock in a three day firearms instructor refresher course at GPSTC (For Georgia Peace Officer’s it’s about to become better as a 5 day course and they are changing Semi Auto II and making a Semi Auto IV and more!). In the class we shot the Langdon close nine drill which I was the first to go and ran a 3.54 clean and second run was a 3.30, I have only run that once before in 2016 and feel like I could definitely get a faster time. I let one of the instructors shoot my other Glock with ACRO and he ran a 2.76 clean with it his second run. I also shot a 300/300 on the Ga State Qual, 295 on the old Instructor Pistol test, and a 29.99 on the Gillis FAST test.

So all that to basically say I shot comparative to how I have with irons in the past on the things I have shot before (I had not shot 5 in 6, All Hands, Gillis Fast, old Instructor Pistol Qual before but they give you a performance base). As far as draw speed I average legit A zone body hits at 7 yards from my ALS holster with Irons in the 1.25-1.30 range, at first I had a little loss of speed with the dot but as of today I was getting 1.22-1.30 range to an 8” circle. I also average one shot draws to the head (3x5) in the 1.40-.50 range.

I have had zero issues with the red dot itself and I’m fully confident in it at this point. Again I recommend mounting the adapter plate with the Glock torx head MOS screws they ship with their plates to @NickDrak ‘s recommended toque value of 13-15 inch pounds. I hand tightened the ACRO to what felt right, there is probably an actual recommended value but I do what I want lol. If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask away here or PM me, I have already got GPSTC interested in them so @Wayne Dobbs get your east coast counterpart prepared .

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    I have had zero issues with the red dot itself and I’m fully confident in it at this point. Again I recommend mounting the adapter plate with the Glock torx head MOS screws they ship with their plates to @NickDrak ‘s recommended toque value of 13-15 inch pounds. I hand tightened the ACRO to what felt right, there is probably an actual recommended value but I do what I want lol. If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask away here or PM me, I have already got GPSTC interested in them so @Wayne Dobbs get your east coast counterpart prepared .
    Torque spec for the ACRO cross bolt is 26.5 in/lbs

Has anyone seen an absolute co-witness AR mount yet?

I assume Scalar Works has one on the way. A Google search for Scalarworks ACRO brings up a listing on Omaha Outdoors' website.

Anyone seen anything in stock anywhere?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Has anyone seen an absolute co-witness AR mount yet?

I assume Scalar Works has one on the way. A Google search for Scalarworks ACRO brings up a listing on Omaha Outdoors' website.

Anyone seen anything in stock anywhere?

Lower 1/3, but the only ACRO AR mount I'm aware of in production already.

https://reptiliacorp.com/product/dot...aimpoint-acro/

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Lower 1/3, but the only ACRO AR mount I'm aware of in production already.

https://reptiliacorp.com/product/dot...aimpoint-acro/
    Yeah I've seen the Reptilia one. I'm not wanting a lower 1/3.

Would also prefer something that's QD.

@karmapolice, thank you very much for the write up and data.
    Could you please elaborate on the “Gillis FAST”-I had not heard of that.
    Nerdy detail, but are you doing anything to lenses, as in RainX or something?
    Thanks in advance

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Torque spec for the ACRO cross bolt is 26.5 in/lbs
    Nick,

I think that's where it should be, but that doesn't match up with the "from the engineer's mouth" spec I have (but don't use). Where did you get that spec, if you don't mind?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Nick,

I think that's where it should be, but that doesn't match up with the "from the engineer's mouth" spec I have (but don't use). Where did you get that spec, if you don't mind?
    My ACRO manual says 2.2 ft/lbs which converts to 26.4 in/lbs.
    Name:  039996F8-BFF8-42C0-B75D-A7C98F2A667D.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  59.7 KB
    Last edited by NickDrak; 05-19-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    My ACRO manual says 2.2 ft/lbs which converts to 26.4 in/lbs.
    That sounds good to me!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    @karmapolice, thank you very much for the write up and data.
    Could you please elaborate on the “Gillis FAST”-I had not heard of that.
    Nerdy detail, but are you doing anything to lenses, as in RainX or something?
    Thanks in advance
    I'm not doing anything to the lenses but if I needed I would put some Cat Crap.

So the Gillis FAST as created by Greg Gillis 8-2016

Two Targets Georgia Standard SQT, Use timer and write down time for each stage.

Stage

1. 3 yards- Draw, 2 rounds fast as possible (right target)

2. 3 yards- Draw, 2 chest 1 head (right target)

3. 7 yards- Draw, 2 rounds left then 2 rounds right

4. 7 yards- Failure drill left and failure drill right

5. 15 yards- Draw and fire 2 reload fire 2 reload fire 2 (total of 6 rounds) (all in left target)

6. 2 rounds left target 2 rounds right target ( 1 mag loaded with 4 rounds plus 2 dummy rounds for simulated malfunctions/ first and last round cannot be dummy rounds)

All stages begin from the draw with hands off the weapon. Qualification is any score under 40 seconds.

Scoring: "Failure Drill" head shots must be above the dotted neck line. Shots inside the T in the head count 0 down points. Shots outside the dotted T are 1 down point each. Body shots inside the dotted box count 0 down points, shots outside the dotted box but inside the silhouette count 1 point down each. Shot off the target or in the green area count 4 points down (head shots below neck line are 4 down). Down points equal .5 seconds of time per down point added to the raw score per stage.

User Tag List