Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1337

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

I gave up waiting and finally ordered a 509T.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I’d rather change 12 ACRO batteries than remount one RMR..
    I would say that depends on the mounting system you use. Mine re-zero perfectly every time, using a quality torque wrench, but some optics plates are better than others.

I can do the change and confirm zero with a laser cartridge at 25 yards in less than three minutes. I just recently changed the batteries on 5 RMR setups (none of which actually needed it, just reached a calendar date) and all held exact zero (confirmed with live fire).

Batteries ranged from 80-90% capacity after 10 months. I will be going to a full year on the interval, going forward.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 04-11-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I would say that depends on the mounting system you use. Mine re-zero perfectly every time, using a quality torque wrench, but some optics plates are better than others.

I can do the change and confirm zero with a laser cartridge at 25 yards in less than three minutes. I just recently changed the batteries on 5 RMR setups (none of which actually needed it, just reached a calendar date) and all held exact zero (confirmed with live fire).

Batteries ranged from 80-90% capacity after 10 months. I will be going to a full year on the interval, going forward.
    I and people I work with have used Forward Controls, CHPWS, and factory plates on various RMRs. Of the 68 participants of our initial six-month implementation, three reported dead batteries. One was an ACRO - going to monthly battery changes eliminated the issue. One was an RMR with the supplied Energizer. The third was a Sig Romeo 1PRO but I don’t have details on battery type.

We have not changed many batteries at this point, but most return to zero with no issue. Some require minor adjustments. My G19 with a Forward Controls plate required a minor elevation adjustment after the battery change. It would still have been good enough for most but not for me.

That said, the zero confirmation/re-zero process is not a super huge concern for me. Of greater concern is the fact that while three batteries had reportedly died during that period, eight optics came loose. All but one (an ACRO mounted to a CORE with the wrong plate) were mounted prior to when we developed our current mounting procedure. Since the conclusion of our study, several more have come loose. Almost all were mounted improperly. The proper surface prep/degrease and use of good threadlocker properly applied reduces the possibility the optic will come loose but doesn’t eliminate it. Further, Henkel recommends 24hrs for a full cure on loctite 248. We have another 34 members of our training unit that are using optics and several have had optics come loose at higher round counts. Many of them were mounted properly but none of them waited 24 hours after mounting for the threadlocker to cure. I do and even at high round counts I have had no issues with loose optics except when we fired 1,985 rounds in 25 minutes during a test... which is obviously a bit unrealistic and abusive.

So... for me... If I’m going to change the battery on an RMR I need a substitute carry/duty gun for the timeframe with a minimum of 24 hours for the loctite to cure (battery switch takes about five minutes), access to a range after the 24hrs for live-fire zero confirmation, and the hope that the re-mounting gods look kindly upon my work.

With an ACRO I just switch the battery which takes about a minute.

Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

@SoCalDep what mounts are working with the M&P 2.0 CORE and the Aimpoint Acro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    @SoCalDep what mounts are working with the M&P 2.0 CORE and the Aimpoint Acro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As of our last survey (which was back in November) we only have six ACROs in the field (not counting instructors) and they are on two Glocks, a Wilson Combat 1911, an M&P, and two others that are either M&P or Glock but I don’t know for sure.

The guy running the M&P is a shooter and puts lots of rounds down range. He’s been using the Aimpoint plate with no issues. On of our instructors had multiple Aimpoint factory plates work loose, developing substantial front/rear play. He went a different route than a plate system to solve it. We had one guy run an ACRO on a CHPWS plate and it came loose but he realized he was using a 1.925 plate on a 1.975 slide so that probably contributed to the problem. He switched away from the ACRO due to the lack of acceptable plates.

Short answer is that I’m not aware of any “best” plate for a CORE. If milling is allowed that would be my first choice for the ACRO and M&P combo.

I ran my ACRO on a Glock 45 for several thousand rounds with a Tango Down plate. It’s now on my Unity ATOM slide and I’m gonna be getting another for my Glock 34.
    Last edited by SoCalDep; 04-12-2021 at 09:06 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Visiting the folks now, but my ACRO was still on its original battery and working just fine as of about 10 days ago. Was able to get up to 10/10 brightness no problems. Excepting maybe a total of 12-24 hours of off time, it has been left on the 6-7 setting since it first arrived in the mail in late October.

Pretty satisfied with that performance. Jagerwerks pricing for slide work is pretty decent. Probably going to pull the trigger when I am back in CO and get my backup G26 and G19 slides in the mail for direct milling for more ACROs.

New one is probably better, but going to just have to hope they don't change the slide cut...

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The new battery cover with the single deeper slot is a welcome addition.

Knowledge that a little bit of dielectric grease applied to the threads aids in keeping the battery cover from getting worn out and/or cross threaded is also welcome.

What should be available next month will be even more welcome...
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That looks more like a pre production model of the original ACRO.
    That's a very recent production ACRO with the updated adjustments and the newest style battery cap that should work a lot better than the original battery cap.

I've gone through four of the original battery caps because they really kind of suck.
    3/15/2016

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Just pulled the trigger on direct milling for an ACRO + front slide serrations + nitriding with Jagerworks for 2x glock slides - plannin to send in my backup duplicates for my G19 & G26. Have a 2nd ACRO on the way as well thanks to @CS Tactical, waitlisted for a 3rd. Assuming the slides won't be ready til July at the earliest anyway, so not in a rush.

On vacation at the moment, will have to get the slides in the mail when I am back early next week. Suppose I should probably order BUIS too...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    That's a very recent production ACRO with the updated adjustments and the newest style battery cap that should work a lot better than the original battery cap.

I've gone through four of the original battery caps because they really kind of suck.
    Can you simply swap the new cap onto older ACROs?

User Tag List