Page 111 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1131

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

I guess I'd need two more long presses built in. I want 5-6 MOA.
    ďWell," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.

Anyone else find it odd that Aimpoint still claims 1.5 years of battery life on their website for these things?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Anyone else find it odd that Aimpoint still claims 1.5 years of battery life on their website for these things?
    Iím sure it has a 1.5 year battery life at one of the lower settings... Itís a pretty disingenuous claim, though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Iím sure it has a 1.5 year battery life at one of the lower settings... Itís a pretty disingenuous claim, though

It actually claims 1.5 years at position 6 of 10.

https://www.aimpoint.com/pdf/?tx_web...1%2F%3Fpdf%3D1

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    It actually claims 1.5 years at position 6 of 10.

https://www.aimpoint.com/pdf/?tx_web...1%2F%3Fpdf%3D1
    They were saying that at the beginning. Im not getting tied into this again. Inevitably it will be followed with folks saying ďStill superiorĒ and ďThe battery only needs to be changed once a monthĒ... My bourbon budget canít take a second round of that shit.

Not gonna read 111 pages.......

So I take it this Aimpoint thing isn't the second coming of the reflex sight christ?
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 12-31-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post

So I take it this Aimpoint thing isn't the second coming of the reflex sight christ?

As far as duty grade pistol optics, it's the first coming.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post

It is an extremely durable optic that, of the available options, has the least fucks to give about environmental factors.

It uses a battery that has about 1/5 of the power of a 2032 series battery so battery life on useful settings (seemingly for most people's eyes) is significantly shorter than on the RMR. Battery changes on the ACRO are extremely easy to perform and can easily be done preemptively on a schedule. You can even keep a spare battery in the back grip space on the Glock.

The biggest day-to-day issue I deal with is adjusting the brightness setting for the conditions. In the day I keep it on 8 or 9 if I'm carrying it, or at max if I'm using it outdoors on the range. I dial it back to 6 at night because my go-to gun is a shotgun rather than the G17 the ACRO is mounted to.

I prefer it to the RMR.

But at this point in the game picking the right RDS for you is about picking the set of issues you want to deal with. The ACRO's battery life is pretty easy to deal with and the batteries to feed it even if you keep it dialed up really high is less than most people are paying for a yearly Netflix subscription.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

But at this point in the game picking the right RDS for you is about picking the set of issues you want to deal with. The ACRO's battery life is pretty easy to deal with and the batteries to feed it even if you keep it dialed up really high is less than most people are paying for a yearly Netflix subscription.
    Agreed - all pistol RDSís have fleas of some kind. I just think itís pretty pathetic they still claim the battery life of 1.5 years when they have to know itís not even close to that. Itís not clever marketing. Itís an outright lie.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    As far as duty grade pistol optics, it's the first coming.
    You should call USSOCOM, let them know their chosen pistol optic isn't "duty grade"
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 01-01-2020 at 03:46 PM.

User Tag List