Page 34 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    That backpack is pretty massive. I hope it is not necessary to counterbalance ACRO's weight.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    And with the Shield you can use awesome irons. I had Dawson FO on a PPQ and Ameriglo Orange front with tritium rear on a G19. Between that and how clear the Shield lens is, the irons are extremely usable on a Shield equipped pistol.

Attachment 34424
    I mean, I’d rather run a RDS that is durable and works in all lighting conditions than have to worry about how awesome my buis are.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    True but that’s why we have irons for backup.
    BUIS should be for when your RDS goes down completely. Not to make up for shortcomings in the performance of your RDS.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    BUIS should be for when your RDS goes down completely. Not to make up for shortcomings in the performance of your RDS.
    I think there is room for respectful disagreement, but “shortcomings in the performance of your RDS,” is something I definitely associate with the RMR. There is a reason you see ZERO better shooters using an RMR in USPSA Carry Optics competition.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think there is room for respectful disagreement, but “shortcomings in the performance of your RDS,” is something I definitely associate with the RMR. There is a reason you see ZERO better shooters using an RMR in USPSA Carry Optics competition.
    While I do love me some gun games, context matters...

I was specifically talking about a pistol mounted RDS on a carry gun in low/no light use in-conjunction with a weapon mounted or handheld white light.

As far as Carry Optics division goes, does anyone really care about iron BUIS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    https://youtu.be/78jCaIF1OMI

Good get on the video. Sounds like not quite ready to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    https://youtu.be/78jCaIF1OMI

That Aimpoint rep needs some remedial safe weapon handling training. I thought muzzling his hand early on was the worst until he flipped the gun around, grabbed it by the muzzle and hammered the optic into the table with the muzzle facing backwards into him and the peanut gallery.

Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    As far as Carry Optics division goes, does anyone really care about iron BUIS?
    Karl Rehn has said that he used the BUIS for the close-in shots when he made GM in CO, ignoring the red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    That Aimpoint rep needs some remedial safe weapon handling training. I thought muzzling his hand early on was the worst until he flipped the gun around, grabbed it by the muzzle and hammered the optic into the table with the muzzle facing backwards into him and the peanut gallery.

Yikes!
    At this point, unless he muzzles Wayne Dobbs, I could care less what he does, as long as we get to see an actual Acro. Seems weak that they are doing a redesign of the cross bolt and battery compartment to “all use the same tool as a Micro,” when the market has been waiting forever for these.

User Tag List