Page 64 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint just dropped ACRO P-1 MRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am already on half of the site's ignore list, don't shut me out of my remaining audience.

Correction: I didn't decide ACRO was no good. I decided it had a 30% smaller window than RMR and the same size window as T-1. Tell me I was wrong.
    You mean 16mmx16mm is smaller than 16mmx22mm? I don’t see how your math works (insert sarcasm).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have owned multiple RMR optics for many years. Here is how I compare the RMR to the Acro.

While relative battery life is unknown, the Acro’s battery can be changed without removing the optic.

The Acro has a superior mounting system, clamping against a dovetail. The RMR and most other optics use screws which far too often are stripped. Right now I have a Shadow down because the base adapter plate is stripped. My first type 2 RMR failed almost immediately, and I stripped a screw trying to remove it. A T20 torx screw clamping against a dovetail is secure but still makes it easy to remove an optic.

A sealed emitter is a game changer for those of us around heavy rain and snow. The design of the Acro also prevents the lens from being a receptacle to collect dust, lint and other debris as is common with open emitter designs.

The RMR lens is tinted which is a negative. While it may be wider than an Acro, it is height that is most important to me for tracking a dot in recoil. In height, the way the Acro window is designed, the Acro visually appears to give you more height. Part of that might be the way BUIS interface with the Acro.

Reliability is still TBD but a safe bet would be on Aimpoint for durability.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have owned multiple RMR optics for many years. Here is how I compare the RMR to the Acro.

While relative battery life is unknown, the Acro’s battery can be changed without removing the optic.

The Acro has a superior mounting system, clamping against a dovetail. The RMR and most other optics use screws which far too often are stripped. Right now I have a Shadow down because the base adapter plate is stripped. My first type 2 RMR failed almost immediately, and I stripped a screw trying to remove it. A T20 torx screw clamping against a dovetail is secure but still makes it easy to remove an optic.

A sealed emitter is a game changer for those of us around heavy rain and snow. The design of the Acro also prevents the lens from being a receptacle to collect dust, lint and other debris as is common with open emitter designs.

The RMR lens is tinted which is a negative. While it may be wider than an Acro, it is height that is most important to me for tracking a dot in recoil. In height, the way the Acro window is designed, the Acro visually appears to give you more height. Part of that might be the way BUIS interface with the Acro.

Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a pistol I really want a larger dot than a 3.5 MOA. For me a 6 MOA is minimum but I'd really prefer a 8 MOA.

It'll be interesting to see what trijicon shows at the NRA show. I like the improvements Aimpoint has made but I honestly don't think I could conceal that optic, so there really is no point for me putting it on my gun..I need to get my hand on one to see but ya.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    On a pistol I really want a larger dot than a 3.5 MOA. For me a 6 MOA is minimum but I'd really prefer a 8 MOA.
    I have come to believe that 6 moa is ideal for me on a pistol, and passed that on to Leupold. If the dot is bright, it can be turned up so that it flares slightly, effectively making it appear larger.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what trijicon shows at the NRA show. I like the improvements Aimpoint has made but I honestly don't think I could conceal that optic, so there really is no point for me putting it on my gun..I need to get my hand on one to see but ya.
    I hope Trijicon has their new model there. I believe there will also be a new product from a company without a pistol optic currently. I hope the Shield W is out as well at NRA. Competition is a good thing, I believe pistol optics are here to stay, and a good product brings almost the price of a new pistol, so there is a big incentive for them to keep working on a better mousetrap.

I hope Trijicon has their new model there. I believe there will also be a new product from a company without a pistol optic currently. I hope the Shield W is out as well at NRA. Competition is a good thing, I believe pistol optics are here to stay, and a good product brings almost the price of a new pistol, so there is a big incentive for them to keep working on a better mousetrap.
    Completely agree.

I have come to believe that 6 moa is ideal for me on a pistol, and passed that on to Leupold. If the dot is bright, it can be turned up so that it flares slightly, effectively making it appear larger.
    All dots do that for me regardless (doc says I don't have an astigmatism but the results are the same) so turning it up turns it into a shooting star and makes it almost unusable for me. Larger dots do it less which is my other reason for wanting a larger dot here. I've given up on rifles entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    All dots do that for me regardless (doc says I don't have an astigmatism but the results are the same) so turning it up turns it into a shooting star and makes it almost unusable for me. Larger dots do it less which is my other reason for wanting a larger dot here. I've given up on rifles entirely.
    The misshaped dot has been a problem for me trying to shoot small groups with a carbine at 100-300 yards. On a pistol, at 50 yards and in, I don’t think dot shape matters, since you are shooting quickly and the dot is always in some degree of motion. If you are focusing on the dot, you should instead be looking at the target.

User Tag List