Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kytex glock mag pouch

Site Supporter
    After deciding to start carrying two 15 round magazines, I struggled to find a double mag pouch for IWB (pouch on left side as I'm a righty). Then I read about Kytex here on PF. I checked their website and couldn't find a double pouch for IWB right handers. So, I emailed them and within a day, I had an answer: Use the lefthanded OWB and clip it IWB, on my left side. I ordered it and began wearing it at approx. 11:00, IWB. After a couple hours, it became obvious something would have to be changed because the bottom curves of the Kydex pouch were irritating my upper groin/hip area to the point where I had to take it off. I used emery cloth to take all the "stippled" finish off and blend all the edges, but more was needed. I attached a 1/8" layer of high density foam on the inside of the pouch. Massive improvement - I haven't worn it for a full day yet, but I am very confident this will eliminate the discomfort, even if I must use a 2nd layer of foam. I also tightened the curve of the belt clip to improve the pouch's retention on the belt ability. Please don't misunderstand me, Kytex' products and customer service are very good. PF, especially LL, were extremely helpful, once again. Thanks, much appreciated!
    Last edited by 11B10; 10-12-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Site Supporter
    I have now worn the Kytex double pouch twice, for over 12 hours, all sitting down (driving). I've also worn it in every day situations - a mix of walking, bending, sitting, etc. The addition of one layer of 1/8" thick high density foam made all the difference in the world. Absolutely no discomfort. Keep in mind that I also "recurved" the belt clip to assist the pouch to stay put. Ever since I began wearing my JMCKydex holster, I want DCC clips on everything. They would be great with this Kytex pouch (Hint). I must admit having an additional 15 rounds (total of 46), when it's this comfortable, is great.

User Tag List