Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kytex glock mag pouch

kytex glock mag pouch

Just had my firt kytex glock mag pouch that Ibought break last night. This has given me about 6 years of service with daily carry and use at pistol matches and classes. Great retention for my uses. I noticed the "bend" getting bigger than it snapped off. Overall I have no complaints and will be ordering a cpl more of them.

-Steve-

Have several myself for a few years now. Only used for competition and lots of dry practice. I did have one break too about a year ago (same way as OP)but I am still pleased with how they’ve held up. Wouldn’t really consider for carry myself but that’s more from a lack of concealment. Found out earlier this year that even though made for Glock mags, they work perfectly with my p-07/9 mags too. If I go full gamer in competition I’d probably switch but for now I am pretty satisfied with them.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

While I think they may be decent for competition I had to stop using mine for carry, I have one that didn't have many miles on it that cracked (probably from snagging while getting out of the car) and another one dump a Glock mag out onto the parking lot of a coffee shop as I was getting out of my car

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Why not a conventional pouch with a soft loop or injection molded clip from one of the other holster guys?

They work for me and my uses. I have raven concealment, Comp-tac, ready tac, and blade tech but I like the Kytex the best. Bottom line, for me and my uses they work, conceal well, good retention and don't take up a lot of real estate on belt.

I really liked the pouches, but I've had them catch on the arm of a chair and bust the belt clip on a mag pouch and a light pouch.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 06-08-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I bought a couple of the Ready Tactical ones to play with a few months ago from SKD. They are like the Kytex but thicker and seem more durable. I like them for quick add ons and keep them in the door of my work car.

That said, JM Custom probably has the best concealed carry mag pouches. With your choice of belt mounts, they will undoubtedly last longer than you will and I love the "click" they have on Glock mags since he molds them to the mag catch.

This is just my personal opinion, but I think the design lends itself best to short, single-stack .380/9mm magazines. I've experienced good service from them when used with magazines of that description. For larger magazines, I think there are better options.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 06-08-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I currently use Kytex pouches for my CZ Shadows in steel and IDPA competition, and they have performed flawlessly. Also use a single magazine Kytex carrier for my spare G43 mag when carrying the pistol AIWB. Also use a Kytex carrier for my spare magazine when carrying my CZ Custom Pro-Tek 1 IWB. Never had a problem with any of them hanging on doors, chairs, etc. and the ones I use in competition have been run pretty hard and look none the worse for wear after a couple of years. IMHO, they are an incredible bargain and are dependable kit.

I have more Kytex than anything else. Great pouches. The price is right.

If I feel the need for the security of a solid loop, I do have some of the Custom Carry Concepts BMCs. The BMC is very similar in terms of footprint and retention. I also think the BMC has a slight edge over the Kytex when using a closed front garment; I find the BMC is considerably less likely to snag when pulling up a shirt.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List