Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your opinion in regards to lasers on a carry gun?

Site Supporter
    Very helpful on pocket semiautos and snubnose .38 revolvers. Not as helpful on guns like a Glock 26 or larger.

I do keep a Crimson Trace laser on my bedside pistol in case I need to use it without my glasses.

All of my lasers are red. They are very helpful outdoors in low light and at all times indoors. They are worthless outside during the day.

Although holster options are limiting, good pocket holsters that accommodate the laser are readily available for many common pocket guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Under low light with extremely ballistic movement demands or when one has to break the traditional shooting platform, lasers....green in particular offer a distinct edge.

I have CTCs on all our HD/SD pistols. I won't buy a pistol if CTC doesn't make a laser for. I got a PX4c based on the many people here who love them. I also really like the gun except that the only thing CTC makes for them is their rail mount laser which I have to turn on manually. All the others come on automatically when we pick up the gun. One range trip I practiced quick single and double shots from a low ready position. Shot 100 rnds w/ the laser at 3 inch dots at 30 ft. Then I turned it off and used the sights. My immediate thought was, this sight crap is so old school it isn't even funny. BTW, w/ glocks, CTC makes two different kinds of lasers. I haven't bothered to see what is available for each model, but my wife/s G19/4 has a laser on the rail w/ the switch just under the trigger guard at the top of the grip so it doesn't mess up the overall grip shape. I can see that the versions that wrap around the back of the grip would certainly change the shape.

Site Supporter
    I mentioned previously that I have a 642 with CT reds on it. Shot a specific short range match with it in the full TX sun. The dot is barely visible beyond quite close up. I agree with it in the house or at night or if you can it in a nonstandard position. When the money god blesses me - maybe try the greens. They aren't on my Glocks. The cut off is when the dot starts to go below easy visibility and you start to look for it rather than what your target and site alignment is telling you.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 06-10-2018 at 10:52 AM.

User Tag List