Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Specialized Clothing Issue Always Seems To Crop Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    He got to me and said "none for you officer!" and walked on. I worked in another town and am completely convinced he'd never seen me before.
    I'm completely convinced it has little to do with size and everything to do with demeanor and how we project ourselves. I'm fit but only 5'10", 175 and I've been told numerous times that people thought I was an LEO. You don't have to walk around like Officer Levitt for people to pick up a vibe.

Getting back to HCountyGuy's post above about profiling and stereotyping. Let's put it in the context of dogs.

You see a Dobie, a Rottie, a Shepherd, a Pit, and deservedly or not you're going to react differently than you would to a Cocker or a Beagle even though the latter two may be more inclined to inflict a bite.

Size, reputation, ability, traveling alone or in a group, coming toward or moving away, eye contact or not...all these things are going to be on our radar whether based upon current circumstances or "reputation". I see it as a tool. No more, no less. If our actions are solely based upon what we actually encounter, no harm, no foul...no matter what is considered "politically correct".
    Last edited by blues; 06-07-2018 at 05:47 PM. Reason: typo
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I’ve been wearing one of those silicone wedding bands for 3 years now and sometimes I think it’s a dead giveaway for a switched on person. That and the thin blue line that people adorn their cars,houses shirts etc,seems like the last thing I’d wanna do is advertise the job off duty.

Plenty of guys I work with can’t turn off being a firefighter when they get relieved and head home. It’s thin red line everything, the ramifications of being “outed” aren’t nearly as bad. Socially I don’t wear anything FD or gun related out in public to avoid talking to strangers about logos etc on my shirts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I wear this jacket a lot:

Usually with a pick-stitch shirt or v-neck and jeans. Chelsea boots or loafers, depending. Sometimes a fedora. Not a trilby, you fucking hipsters, an actual fedora.

Yes, I dress like a rockabilly lounge act. Sometimes when the weather is too hot for the Elvis Wedding Jacket, I go straight Euro-trash instead and do an unlined sport coat and t-shirt.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 06-07-2018 at 08:09 PM. Reason: fixed picture link
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

Usually with a pick-stitch shirt or v-neck and jeans. Chelsea boots or loafers, depending. Sometimes a fedora. Not a trilby, you fucking hipsters, an actual fedora.

Yes, I dress like a rockabilly lounge act. Sometimes when the weather is too hot for the Elvis Wedding Jacket, I go straight Euro-trash instead and do an unlined sport coat and t-shirt.
    No homo: I love the jacket, but I think it's too hot for FLA. I would definitely rock this to hide a @Les Pepperoni gold pizza gun.

http://www.lanskybros.com/Ameripolit...irt-P3004.aspx
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Dammit!

I've pretty much de-tacticalized myself. I had no idea Merrells were in with the tactical crowd.

I love my Merrells. They are one of the few lasts that really fit my broke down feet.
    I feel the same way about my Hawiians

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Socially I don’t wear anything FD or gun related out in public to avoid talking to strangers about logos etc on my shirts.
    My own examples not withstanding I can't imagine walking up to someone I don't know and starting a conversation with "Nice tac pants are you packing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    My own examples not withstanding I can't imagine walking up to someone I don't know and starting a conversation with "Nice tac pants are you packing?"
    You might not get the response you're looking for.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

I would buy that jacket. Epic.

Banned

Pine Brothers baby

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I would buy that jacket. Epic.
    Lansky Brothers in Memphis, TN. You can buy it online, fits true to size.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List