Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Specialized Clothing Issue Always Seems To Crop Up.

Site Supporter
    They're not as bad as badge saying concealed handgun license. That's right. I saw an idiot wearing one in Walmart. He asked me where the KY Jelly was. It scared me.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    They're not as bad as badge saying concealed handgun license. That's right. I saw an idiot wearing one in Walmart. He asked me where the KY Jelly was. It scared me.

Maybe that's how they greet one another in Kentucky...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

More and more scenarios confirming my decision to never frequent Walmart.

I’d wager someone told him to lube his gun and that was his solution.

“No, no, no! Not that kind of lube!”

Unless....nevermind
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I’d wager someone told him to lube his gun and that was his solution.

“No, no, no! Not that kind of lube!”

Unless....nevermind
    Must've been for a Kentucky long rifle.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

The badge wouldn't have scared me as much as the fact that he thought I knew where the KY jelly was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    The badge wouldn't have scared me as much as the fact that he thought I knew where the KY jelly was.
    Missed opportunity. You should have suggested the Gun Oil H20 Personal Water Based Lubricant - 2 oz

Name:  5b75867f-10ef-475c-9aca-22684ebae8bb_1.60b497ecfa7a53a8e85516ceef1a62fa.jpeg
Views: 683
Size:  19.6 KB
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Missed opportunity. You should have suggested the Gun Oil H20 Personal Water Based Lubricant - 2 oz

Name:  5b75867f-10ef-475c-9aca-22684ebae8bb_1.60b497ecfa7a53a8e85516ceef1a62fa.jpeg
Views: 683
Size:  19.6 KB
    Yeah, that looks like something some guys and gals might sit on. The idiot in Walmart reminded me of a guy who stopped me in hospital parking lot 2am and asked where the nearest sperm bank was. I gave him the address of the housing project known locally as Death Valley. Speaking of sperm banks, one in Austin is adverting for men no older than 39. $100 a pop. If the man has to pay????

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I saw an idiot wearing one in Walmart. He asked me where the KY Jelly was. It scared me.
    This actually made me laugh really hard

Site Supporter
    I sometimes wear one of those photojournalist vests in cooler weather. It goes with blue jeans and a long sleeve polo shirt and I hope I just look like an old guy with limited fashion sense. (I've been wearing those vests for about 30 years, ever since the original Banana Republic had them in their catalog. I miss that place)

I have a friend who I have known for over 40 years, who was a cop for a time (in a small town that wasn't very busy), who would always point out that wearing such a vest made me look conspicuous and that people would realize I was carrying a gun. (Even if I was not)

The same guy has a compulsion to get into conversations with strangers at the bar (or where-ever) and drop hints so that they would know he was a cop. Now these were NICE places where the fact he'd given away his former profession probably wouldn't cause a problem (never has) but STILL it got on my nerves. I don't want to be noticed, and I don't want to be out in public with somebody who wants to be noticed in that manner. (And his actual experience was very limited and a long time ago now and I really don't like it when people pretend to be something they are not . . . )

About a year ago I distanced myself from him. It was a hard decision to make, but over due I think.

Years ago I was in the National Guard with a guy who was a State Trooper. If we went up north to do weapons qual on a drill weekend, a bunch of us would usually go out to dinner off post and go out for about three drinks. He would always find it necessary to tell girls in the bar that he was a State Trooper. He was probably trying to impress them. It never worked, so far as I can tell . . . . After a while I figured out where he was going when we went out, and I went someplace else. He never had a problem that I know of, but I find this compulsion to try to impress strangers annoying.

The goal is to AVOID being noticed, not to seek out attention.

User Tag List