Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Specialized Clothing Issue Always Seems To Crop Up.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I sold my only thigh holster to an incoming guard when I left DynCorp. I figured I'd never carry an M9 in a thigh holster again, and to date I've been correct.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    There’s an element for which this is cosplay. Probably certain trainers get it more than others.
    I've been a Firearms Instructor for 30 years, to include my wife and I owning our training business. I've seen the "Players" before. We had a student who took every course we offered as well as training from others.
    Great guy, but he was a Dentist. He'd show up dressed up like he was on Seal Team 6. And the Tactical Rifle he had would have made most Snipers envious....
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I prefer to be underestimated.
    I agree, I think this sums up my my thoughts. I am just a guy that is getting old, never have been very big, not that damn strong anymore, and when am unarmed am probably not very dangerous. But after 45 years of doing a lot a shooting, i would probably present an unpleasant surprise when I am, and I am making an increased effort to be whenever and wherever I can.

But another aspect of trying to appear "normal" is that with no LE or MIL related experience I damn sure don't wanna look like a poser...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mmc45414; 06-09-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The point to a drop holster is to get it below your body armor, not halfway to your knee.
    It's sad that that would need 'splaining. Then again, maybe some of the, er, chunkier folks out there thought it was to get the holster below their midriff bulge.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I've been a Firearms Instructor for 30 years, to include my wife and I owning our training business. I've seen the "Players" before. We had a student who took every course we offered as well as training from others.
    Great guy, but he was a Dentist. He'd show up dressed up like he was on Seal Team 6.
    And the Tactical Rifle he had would have made most Snipers envious....
    What is it with dentists and guns? I guess they just like to drill.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    What is it with dentists and guns? I guess they just like to drill.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    You threw down the gauntlet my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I agree, I think this sums up my my thoughts. I am just a guy that is getting old, never have been very big, not that damn strong anymore, and when am unarmed am probably not very dangerous. But after 45 years of doing a lot a shooting, i would probably present an unpleasant surprise when I am, and I am making an increased effort to be whenever and wherever I can.
    Describes me as well.

I began shooting handguns 38 years ago living on Long Island, NY where CCW is/was verboten. The Suffolk County "pistol permit" simply allowed one to buy a handgun and keep it on one's premises. With a "target shooting endorsement" one can CCW to-and-from the range, but that was it.

Ten years ago we moved to the Live Free of Die state where CCW is unrestricted. But since I worked daily in an office environment where CCW was not allowed, I only carried occasionally when not at work. I now work from a home office and practice my CCW rights daily, except when I have to go into the office.

Back on topic, I have not changed in any way the type of casual (non-office) clothing I have always worn. I do, however, remain casually aware of my concealment and make inconspicuous effort to maintain it.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's sad that that would need 'splaining. Then again, maybe some of the, er, chunkier folks out there thought it was to get the holster below their midriff bulge.
    Are you talhkin' to me? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Are you talhkin' to me? Huh?
    If the holster fits...(just kiddin')

User Tag List