Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: till Valhalla ????

till Valhalla ????

Good stuff.

I have come to a point where I detest the whole Spartan warrior thing that’s popular in LE nowadays.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Good stuff.

I have come to a point where I detest the whole Spartan warrior thing that’s popular in LE nowadays.
    Yes! It's so embarrassing to see cops running around with the blue warrior, sheepdog, Spartan stuff. The toughest cops I have ever met would laugh at people like that. They knew how to handle the worst of situations in a effective and proper way, without all the cheesy bravado.

When I was a new officer, I wanted to look like a cop. So I got the high and tight, and walked around "looking cool". Of course I actually looked like a redneck 140 pound white Steve Urkel, but consulting reality is never fun. It didn't take long for me to get that out of my system.

What's sad is you see guys with 10-20 years in still acting like they are fresh on the job hot shots.

Spartans were extremely effective marketing gurus that were nothing special on the battlefield compared to their neighbors, and somewhat-to-completely shit at managing the home front. Greek infantry physically look neat and it makes for good movies but Spartans are a really dumb choice if you want to emulate an intellectual or badass group from the ancient world.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Very good. It cracks me up that the majority of people with Spartan/Viking swag all over their gear couldn’t have rolled with them for half a day. Myself included...which is why I avoid that kind of stuff.

That was brilliant. Thanks for posting.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Everything I see from Pannone is top notch. This included. My signature line does not mean I fully understand it. It's handy to keep reminding me to keep working on unwinding the 2nd half.

The vid may overlap.

#1 bucket list trainer.
    Last edited by JHC; 12-06-2018 at 04:32 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    That was terrific. Loved it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Spartans were extremely effective marketing gurus that were nothing special on the battlefield compared to their neighbors, and somewhat-to-completely shit at managing the home front. Greek infantry physically look neat and it makes for good movies but Spartans are a really dumb choice if you want to emulate an intellectual or badass group from the ancient world.
    I’m not a historian nor police officer. But Alexander the Great seemed to do okay.

Civilian side I don’t understand the Punisher stuff. God forbid you get in a shooting with that shirt on, etc.

I got a Disney sweater yesterday for a small fortune and while I would never buy one given the choice. It was 50-60-ish in Orlando yesterday. I thought about it and it’s a perfect concealment garment.

Who suspects the Disney dad to do Jiu Jitsu and concealed carry?
    Last edited by BWT; 12-06-2018 at 09:05 AM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I’m not historian nor police officer. But Alexander the Great seemed to do okay.
    Ol' Alex was from Macedonia to the North
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List