Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Specialized Clothing Issue Always Seems To Crop Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    At least they weren't orange Crocs.

When I see somebody wearing orange Crocs, I know that they recently got out of the county jail and that they probably weren't wearing shoes when they got arrested.
    Ha! I did not know that.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Dress around the gun.

Dress so that you fit into your surroundings. If you dress like a hiker, you will blend into most environments.

Woolrich Elite used to make something called (I think) "Discreet" pants, which were like Royal Robbins or 5.11 pants without all the pockets. When they quit making them, I bought a whole bunch on sale so I'd have enough to last for years.

Propper used to make a quarter zip polo shirt called (I think) a "Fastback" and I liked those and found, depending on size, I could conceal a G43 or G19 and spare magazines easily. The fabric on the shirt was fairly heavy and the tails were long and square cut and it looked good if it wasn't tucked in. Of course, they quit making them, but I was able to search the net and find some in appropriate sizes.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...brand-in-iraq/

https://www.stripes.com/news/middle-...lines-1.450949

Some interesting notes on "the 5.11 Tuxedo" in Iraq... Apparently, its all the rage to for Iragi men to wear 5.11 contractor shit everyday.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I think that the post about people seeing what they look for is spot on. I've picked up on people in public wearing the garb of our tribe, especially the low key tac pants like Vertx, hiking shoes/boots, polos or patterned shirts and G-Shok style watches. I exchanged nods with a guy in WalMart as we made each other at about the same time. We looked like we bought stuff from the same rack in the same store.

The orange croc thing is hilarious to me! I was sent to Pascagoula, Miss after Katrina and the department issued us a goody bag with a brand new set of orange jail shoes. I love em, my wife hates them, to the point that they disappear after a few months and I'll but a brand new pair from the jail for about three bucks. One of our regulars saw me in a grocery store and yells from the opposite corner of the store "Officer Walton why you wearing jail flip flops?!"

Site Supporter
    I wore my 5.11 pants into Book People, Whole Foods and GT Distributors in Austin this weekend. No one panicked. Had a nice conversation with clerks in each store. Books, cheese, pistol carbines. The shoes were were slip on Rockport steel toed brown ones. Why steel toes - nice looking and on sale. However, don't forget not to wear them through TSA or the MRI - ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    No one panicked.

Was there an expectation that they would?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Was there an expectation that they would?
    Whole Foods in Austin

Site Supporter
    Yep. Maybe, 5.11 can make pants in rainbow colors for Austin urban camouflage. Boring cheese selection, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I wore my 5.11 pants into Book People, Whole Foods and GT Distributors in Austin this weekend. No one panicked. Had a nice conversation with clerks in each store. Books, cheese, pistol carbines. The shoes were were slip on Rockport steel toed brown ones. Why steel toes - nice looking and on sale. However, don't forget not to wear them through TSA or the MRI - ask me how I know.
    Where you wearing them when they fired up the MRI? If so, do you have video?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Site Supporter
    No, I took off my obvious metal. Then I went into the room and the operator said any metal in your shoes and it came to me that they had the tips. Oops.

Might have been exciting. Ever since I read two cases where:

1. The MRI fired some officers' 1911
    2. They tested the MRI during construction of a hospital and there was a Bobcat on the other side of the wall from the installation. When they turned it in, it came through the wall and squished someone. IIRC, the fireman had to cut power cables on floors below to free him. Might be a tall though.

User Tag List