Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: American Rifleman: Testing the 38 Special

American Rifleman: Testing the 38 Special

Please see below. The 38 seems to be a popular carry choice among many on the board. Maybe this will help with ammo selection.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ial-cartridge/

Kind of surprised by the Green and White box Remington.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Kind of surprised by the Green and White box Remington.
    I am not surprised at all, I watch Paul Harrell's videos on YouTube and the green and white box Remington consistently performs well, great stuff for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I am not surprised at all, I watch Paul Harrell's videos on YouTube and the green and white box Remington consistently performs well, great stuff for the money.
    His videos make me want to buy ribs and oranges every time I'm at the grocery store.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    His videos make me want to buy ribs and oranges every time I'm at the grocery store.

And pork chops.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    And pork chops.
    Well, I think about pork chops regardless of what Mr Harrell is up to...

Interesting at the velocities from the Super Vel. It is a light bullet but they're pushing it to 357 Magnum speeds from such a short barrel. Too bad it is loaded with what appears to be an old school Sierra bullet. It might be a more impressive load with a more modern projectile. Maybe.

Good article - thanks for posting. I have long wished PMC would revive their tubular 38spl ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Good article - thanks for posting. I have long wished PMC would revive their tubular 38spl ammo.
    We're talking about the cookie cutter bullet? Did that stuff actually work?

I miss Nyclads.

Just sayin'...

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    We're talking about the cookie cutter bullet? Did that stuff actually work?

Not sure. I’d like to test them. From what I’ve read they had some benefits.

User Tag List